Honored Contributor

This picture below shows you exactly where to apply your perfume.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Where to Apply your Perfume

Aww love this wonderful vintage photo! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   Sorry, but I don't agree. Judging by the era of the model, times have changed. Love the pic though.

I don't put perfume in my hair or spray it on clothing or my neck. They contain alcohol which is drying to skin/hair and cannot be great for fabrics either.

Maybe in another time, those were acceptable areas to receive a spritz.

Respected Contributor

That is a fun vintage photo!  I have always had issues including an autoimmune, so applying perfume directly to my skin caused me problems.  I did spray a little on my hair sometimes.  My Mom taught me a trick I guess she picked up somewhere, to apply a little perfume on a cotton ball, then put the cotton ball in the center of your bra.  That was the best way for me to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Would it make me look like that?

😃

Respected Contributor

I was delighted to see the vintage photo of where to apply perfume. I apply my perfume to my hair and underwear because I have an excessive amount of acid in my skin. It I put it on my skin, it burns off quickly regardless of the strength or fragrance. My skin also changes the scent significantly. My favorite salesperson asked me to not sample perfume at her counter when she had other customers because I tend to turn it to the scent of "Raid." We joked about it often. She helped me determine the best places to apply.

Honored Contributor

I agree, nowhere that you want to keep skin moist, very drying. 

Honored Contributor

If you applied as much as the diagram shows, nobody would be able to stand to be in the same room as you.  There's nothing as obnoxious as too much fragrance.  On men too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@On It 

So glad to read your post about "Raid ! ". I had returned a perfume years ago because I told the clerk it smelled like Raid.   I wasn't  crazy !  It happened to someone else here !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Many years ago, I used to work in a place where some of the women used those drugstore spray knockoffs. They were the worst, especially the Georgio fake! OMG the headaches.

That began my love of fine fragrances. I am a spritz and walk through in my lingerie person, no more no less. Just a bit.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield