Regular Contributor

@I am still oxox

I was just trying to help...you asked if you were missing something, so figured I would give you another way to do it. Good Luck.

Valued Contributor

I have very thick hair as well. I use "Not Your Mothers" Dry Shampoo (found at Ulta, Meijer, Target, etc). I find the price reasonable (around $5) and the scent is good, too. I hold the spray about a foot away from my hair line and spray it on. I let it dry for about 30 seconds, and then I use my fingers and kind of wash my hair where I sprayed it. Then I'm able to style and go!

Frequent Contributor

It works pretty well for me. I just use cheap Suave plain kind, not the keratin one. I lift my hair and spray it at the roots and then lightly massage at the roots to help disperse it a little, and I brush a little, but I don't really need to brush it all out, as I don't use enough to have to. I guess it depends on how much you use, your hair color, how dirty the hair is, etc.

Honored Contributor

not sure 

I mainly use it after spin class when I am sweaty (tmi) I know but it helps,  

I spray and brush like crazy and my hair looks and feels better 

the stuff needs to be brushed out, or it will sit there 

Honored Contributor

I have been brushing like crazy, and its still a goopy mess, I will wash it tomorrow and get rid of all of the stuff

@jackthebear wrote:

not sure 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have been brushing like crazy, and its still a goopy mess, I will wash it tomorrow and get rid of all of the stuff

@jackthebear wrote:

not sure 

Maybe try not using so much and spraying farther away? 

I have the total opposite type of hair from you.  Thin, fine and poker straight.  But I've used some that I have hated the feeling of on my hair.  Maybe it's just the brand. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dry Shampoo

[ Edited ]

There isn't one out there that works and still gives you the feeling of truly clean, fresh, natural hair.  I've tried many of them.  Most of the time I just pick up Not Your Mothers.  It does a decent job and it's just an easy purchase at the supermarket without me needing to out of my way.  Right now, however, I'm trying one from Calista.  It's OK.  I did try one awhile back called Redken Pillow Proof that I liked pretty well.  If I remember correctly, that one didn't leave the typical powdery residue behind. 

I have read that the best results come by applying the dry shampoo at night for the next day.  Making sure you spray from the appropriate distance (not too close) and massage it in a little.  Leave it in overnight and brush out in the morning.  I like to hit my scalp with the blow dryer a little before brushing it out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dry Shampoo

[ Edited ]

oops

kindness is strength