Honored Contributor

Is there a secret to using it, I always try to get one more day out of my style by using it, but 9 times out of 10 my hair feels like a dry mess, I can never seem to brush it out.

Am I missing something, does this happen to you 

thanks all Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't use dry shamppos but I have to say I cannot understand how it works.   Kind of like "dry cleaning"........I wonder how effective that is too.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox,  I read recently that Bumble & Bumble has dry shampoos depending on your type of hair.  Interesting.  I know from experience that B&B has excellent products but they are not $4.99 but more like $20 and up.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The best dry shampoo I have ever used was Oscar Blandi. But it isn't cheap.

I have used some cheap ones from the drugstore like Pssst and Batiste as well as Suave and I hated them all. They all left a film on my hair and the smell was bad. 

IMO you have to spray further away from your hair.  Don't get right up to it and spray.  Then I just sort of mess my hair around to work it in.  I like it for volume more than anything.     

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have used some cheap ones from the drugstore like Pssst and Batiste as well as Suave and I hated them all. They all left a film on my hair and the smell was bad. 

IMO you have to spray further away from your hair.  Don't get right up to it and spray.  Then I just sort of mess my hair around to work it in.  I like it for volume more than anything.     

Thanks for this information. My hair looks like a rat's nest when I use the dry shampoo.  I will take your advice, and spray further away.

Honored Contributor

I used Dry Bar Triple Sec, not a cheap brand, my hair looks great but feels like straw, I was trying to extend my shampoo a few days. 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

@I am still oxox

I have extremely fine hair as well and absolutely love TRESemme' brand...the Volumizing one (yellow lid). I have never had an issue with it making my hair messy. Do you spray on before you style your hair? I style first (brush, etc), then dry shampoo, then a touch of hair spray. No need to brush after the dry shampoo. I never buy shampoo, conditioner, etc that is a "drug store brand" but I absolutely love this stuff.

Honored Contributor

@michigangirl723

I have very thick hair, not looking for volume but I am looking to get one more day out of my shampoo

Regular Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Got it. I have the worst hair combo...fine & thinSmiley Frustrated I would say try that line anyway, just not the volumizing version. Same steps...brush, style hair, dry shampoo, done!

Honored Contributor

@michigangirl723

Not sure that is the way, Dry Shampoo is supposed to be combed out I am not using it as a styling product I am using it to clean my hair