Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Sevinor Fans Please note!

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee  Sounds more like NY!!

@Judaline,

I know, but I tried.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  It was good, tho, because I could read it and pronounce everything you wrote. A challenge, but fun. I love accents.

Valued Contributor

I loved the way he called the decolletage the deco-let. I'm sure he must have been corrected but he kept on calling it that. He seemed like such an endearing teddy bear of a man. Sorry to hear all this. I read that crack was the lowest form of cocaine. I agree that as an MD he had all the drugs he wanted at his disposal if he wanted to self medicate. So many doctors misuse drugs they should be forbidden to write perscriptions for themselves. Why he would choose an illegal street drug with all the inherent risks only he knows the answer to. He stands to lose so much. It's just a shame that an illustrious career has to end like this because of one mistake.

@Ms X,

Woman Very Happy Half my family are Bostonians! My gwuanfaddah bowan and waised...lol!Woman LOL I used to love takin' the dooawg foh a wooalk in da pock and plooay booawl with that dooawg. Woman LOL YOU KNOW I'M KIDDING WITH THIS ACCENT. I love it.Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@twinkies I am the OP and I felt people should be aware of the news.  Particularly if they were a patient of his.  As noted in an earlier post in this thread, I found it interesting it was only online that I found this article, and wanted people to be educated about the situation.  The decision to continue to purchase products, or to remain a patient before he utlimately surrendered his license, is/was entirely up to the individual.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Having worked in the medical field for many years before I retired I can tell you a little of what may happen to him. First of all his license will be suspended pending a further investigation. He will have a hearing at which time it will be determined if her will lose his license permanently. If he has had other offenses, this will certainly hurt him ever being able to practice medicine. If the judge feels lenient, he may let him go back to practicing after his suspension but he wil never ever be able to write a narcotic for his patients again. If this he actually committed this crime, my guess is he will be finished with medicine. There have been cases where an employee wrote illegal scripts for themselves and the doctor had to face a short term suspension. In this case he may have actually committed a crime. 

He has resigned his license.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

People posting informative information should not be verbally punished for it. Many people do not understand the definition of judgement and that is obvious in many of the comments posted here. Thanks to the OP. Ignorance is not equal to or the same thing as being non-judgemental.
Honored Contributor

@Chisos wrote:
People posting informative information should not be verbally punished for it. Many people do not understand the definition of judgement and that is obvious in many of the comments posted here. Thanks to the OP. Ignorance is not equal to or the same thing as being non-judgemental.

The only judgmental comment I saw here was from a poster who didn't seem to understand drug addiction. I didn't see anybody scold the OP or anyone else for providing information about the doctor.

If someone did, I missed it. The tenor of this thread seemed to me to very constructive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I just checked hsn website , his product line has been removed. Too bad for the people that liked his products , but their are consequences for breaking the law.

Valued Contributor

I am a registered nurse and worked in a hospital for alcoholism and drug addited patients going through withdrawral , The y were from all walks of life and all classes , Most struggled and made it through but their families and their lives were in a turmoil because of  the publicity some received  and losing their jobs or home or spouse because of their athrough rehab and were very successful , ddictions , Yes I do understand. There are several people in my family who have been  through the throes of alcoholism and drug addiction , They fought the fight and won ,  My 2 brothers and my father .

cathy from ma