Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use a satin case?

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Tried it ... but pillows kept sliding off bed.  I ended up cutting them up to use for lining in handbags I made..

@ALRATIBA  Too late now since you recycled yours, but I used iron on tape on the flat ends of each side...less slipping.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

My mom did but I haven’t. I still have her purple satin pillow case and pillow even though she’s been gone 9 years. Strange.

@OKPrincess  ....not strange. Sweet and sentimental. It must be comforting.

Yes it’s comforting. After reading this post I know why she had a satin pillow case. 

image.jpg

Contributor

I use silk (Crepe de Chine) and it has made a nice difference---not slippery.

Super Contributor

yes absolutly.  it keeps my hair from getting snarly, and of course it helps with wrinkles if you sleep on face or are a side sleeper.

Trusted Contributor

Another satin bonnet wearer. It keeps my curls perfect and not fizzy or fattened out. I can wear go 3 days without washing my hair and it looks great. I tried sleeping on a satin pillow case but just couldn't get used to it. 

Respected Contributor

I use the 100% Mulberry silk pillowcase. My Mother always used a silk pillowcase and I had one at a very young age.

I even take it when we travel. Great for your face and hair, at least for me.

Respected Contributor

The pillowcase I have doesn't slide on the bed.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs  Did you mean silk or satin?   Silk sounds wonderful but, no, I sleep on cotton.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@CherryHugs  Did you mean silk or satin?   Silk sounds wonderful but, no, I sleep on cotton.

@Katcat1, if you read through the thread, you'll excellent information on the difference betwee silk and satin.

Curly girl advice often includes not using a cotton towel to dry your hair or a cotton pillowcase. The idea is that it roughens the cuticle and causes frizz.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  Mine are just slippery pillow covers w/ zippers from BB&B....maybe even poly....the idea is it isn’t cotton & has ”slip”. I change mine many times during the week & not willing to spend $60+ for satin cases. These accomplish same thing.