Honored Contributor

Do you sleep using a satin pillowcase?

Or a satin one?

I have read it is good for your skin and your hair.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you use a satin case?

I have a copped infused pillowcase with a satin finish.  Yes, I think it helps.  Surprisingly, my hair seems to benefit the most.  Grows like crazy!

Honored Contributor

My mom did but I haven’t. I still have her purple satin pillow case and pillow even though she’s been gone 9 years. Strange.

Honored Contributor

Tried it ... but pillows kept sliding off bed.  I ended up cutting them up to use for lining in handbags I made..

Respected Contributor

I use a silk one.

Honored Contributor

I've used silk and satin pillow cases and have found them useless when it comes to my hair. Just didn't work for me.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have very curly hair and have read the advice to use a satin pillowcase to protect hair (or a silk bonnet), I think)  from frizz and also to sleep on your back to prevent facial wrinkles.

I have insomnia and just do what makes me most comfortable in order to try to get some sleep. For me, that means my soft cotton pillow and any position that promotes sleep.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I use a silk pillowcase, and think that it makes a difference in my hair.  I am mostly a back sleeper, and when I use a cotton pillowcase, my hair is "crazy wild" in the morning.  Using a silk pillowcase avoids the morning snarls for me.  I PREFER the feel of a cotton pillowcase, but want to be able to avoid having to work on my hair in the morning.  I found affordable ones on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I do!

After talking to my derm about my hair thinning (after my Dr.ruled out any medical reason, he told me to use a satin pillow case.

It made a difference in both mine & DH's hair loss. Something to do with friction if I remember correctly.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So interesting....   I had always heard about satin cases as it relates to skin, but never hair.  Being a back sleeper 90% of the time,  I figured I was okay!   

We are using just the opposite of satin...   we have the toasty warm Malden Mills sheets still on the bed!  I'll probably switch to the regular sheets when the temp warms up consistently at night....   probably by the end of the month.