Respected Contributor

Re: Do you own a travel hair dryer?

On 8/2/2014 shaggygirl said:

It's one of those things I'm just not willing to take a chance on, not leaving home without my travel dryer for my hair nor my magnifying mirror for my makeup. Two must haves in my book!

I'm the same way. No dryer in any hotel room has the right feel or power. I get so tired of being stuck with a dryer that barely works. Once I tried a T3, I couldn't use anything else. Worse yet, a lot of dryers these days are "travel size" but they don't have dual voltage any more (I go overseas a lot.) The T3 Featherweight does dual voltage--all I need is a plug that fits on the end and goes from the flat blades to two round prongs.

Respected Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Campion said:

It's one of those things I'm just not willing to take a chance on, not leaving home without my travel dryer for my hair nor my magnifying mirror for my makeup. Two must haves in my book!

I'm the same way. No dryer in any hotel room has the right feel or power. I get so tired of being stuck with a dryer that barely works. Once I tried a T3, I couldn't use anything else. Worse yet, a lot of dryers these days are "travel size" but they don't have dual voltage any more (I go overseas a lot.) The T3 Featherweight does dual voltage--all I need is a plug that fits on the end and goes from the flat blades to two round prongs.

The Babyliss has dual Voltage for under $30.
Respected Contributor

On 8/2/2014 BeautyAddiction said:
On 8/2/2014 Campion said:

The Babyliss has dual Voltage for under $30.

The Babyliss I have (blue one, not the red) I got on Folica for under $20 and free shipping (special that day). Highly recommend it and it also has dual voltage. It is incredibly lightweight, so if I do want to take it for travel, it would be so easy to do so. Right now I'm using it as my everyday dryer because my hair is coming out better using that than my much more expensive dryer!!

Esteemed Contributor

No, I use the hotel ones or let it dry naturally. Takes up too much room in my travel duffel.

Respected Contributor

I have two travel dryers, one Babyliss and one Conair, same as mentioned above. I got both for around $15. They work well for my straight hair when it is freshly thinned, otherwise it takes a bit longer to dry my super thick hair. I also have three full sized dryers at home in different bathrooms for guests and for when I get ready in any bathroom. Normal dry time from towel dry to dry is about 10 minutes, a bit less when it is freshly thinned from the salon.

Respected Contributor

Travel dryers are great for people with arthritis or limited mobility or for kids starting out or toddlers. They don't get as hot as full sized professional ones, so they work well for kids especially on low.

Super Contributor

Always bring your hairdryer. The hairdryers in hotels are awful, even in 5 star hotels.