Trusted Contributor

Do you own a travel hair dryer?

Good morning. DH & I will be newly "hoteling" it after 20 years of camping vacations. I had heard in a Good Housekeeping article that hotel hairdryers are pretty much useless. I'm wondering who takes their own travel-sized hair dryer on vacation, and, if so, what brand do you have & love. Thanks in advance for all kind responses.

Super Contributor

Re: Do you own a travel hair dryer?

I always take my own just because it's what I'm used to. It's not travel size though - I just take along my regular everyday equipment.

Respected Contributor

I use Babyliss 1500 watt red folding hair dryer. I have two, one for home and one for travel. Love it. It's nice and small and has a lot of power and costs around $35.
Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago I bought Conair miniPro, it's bright pink and came in a zebra stripe travel bag, it's quite small and can be put on low or high and the high is quite powerful, dries my hair just as quickly as the large one I use daily at home.

Honored Contributor

That surprises me. Hotels usually carry the big ole honker hairdryers that sound like an airplane taking off!! Call & see what brand they carry...Conair = good!

Esteemed Contributor

No. I don't need one as usually I wear my hair naturally curly or a wig when away from home.

Honored Contributor

I always use the hotel hairdryers - they work perfectly fine for me to dry and round brush my hair. We travel a lot and I am always looking for a way to trim down my packing. The hairdryer had to go. maybe it depends on the hotel chain - we stay at Hampton inns always and they have good hairdryers. Of course I have not fallen for the QVC hype about >$100 hairdryers being so much better.

Honored Contributor

i am fine with the hair dryers that the hotel provides. one less thing to pack up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I always take my own - just the everyday one.

Super Contributor

I like to travel light and don't carry unnecessary items so no travel hair dryer. Some hotel hairdryers have more power than others but I've never found one that didn't dry my hair and every hotel I stay at has them.