Super Contributor

Re: Dennis (that had Ojon) is on HSN now

On 6/19/2014 pridequeen said:
On 6/19/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 6/19/2014 Ladybug724 said:
On 6/19/2014 annabellethecat said:

It almost sounds like he's copying Wen.

How so? Is it a cleansing conditioner too

That's exactly how he described it, as a cleansing conditioner but he's developed a new delivery system.

I found his constant reference to paddling down the river, been there done that but now climbing mountains to be really disingenuous. That said, and out of curiosity I did order just to try it and see how it compares to my results with WEN. If it doesn't deliver I'll send it back.

just curious but how was it disingenuous? That was his schtick when he came out with Ojon and everyone knew his story so he was probably talking about it to remind people that that was his company. He came out with his products before WEN but unfortunately QVC kicked him to the curb when Chaz came. That's how I feel but you don't have to agree. I just hate the way big businesses act sometimes and seem to have no loyalty, just jump ship as soon as something new comes along.

Don't think that's accurate. Ojon and WEN came to QVC within months of each other - Ojon launched on QVC December, 2004 according to an interview with Denis in BusinessWeek in June 2006. In that interview he said Ojon was the fastest growing haircare line on QVC in 2006 and was on QVC as late as 2012. WEN has been on QVC 9 years - I don't know the exact launch date, but that makes it early 2005 before June.

Interesting that in 2006 Denis said he felt a calling to care for the indigenious people who "felt God had sent him to them", then sold his company to EL one year later.

Another question I have, how can he compete against himself? If he's launching a new line of haircare, has he resigned as President of Ojon? If he has, what about his "calling" to care for the tribe that gave him the ingredient?

Honored Contributor

I believe the line is Tweak'd and I LOVED the Ojon line. Went thru chemo so lost all my hair and I used his oils and that brown mask on my bald head while the hair grew back. Was the best!!!. I still love the shampoo/conditioner. Would like to try his new products. I don't use Wen either--I think the whole line smells awful.

Super Contributor

Some had questions about how long a bottle would last. On the Tweak-D website, they say a bottle should be a 30 day supply using it 2-3x week. You can find the info under the FAQs tab.

Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

ginabfly, the nourishing one seems to be the better one, ingredient-wise. I think the other one sounds too drying, considering it contains witch hazel up high in the ingredient list (9th, I think?), which can be drying to hair. So I think you made a good choice. I will be interested in reading about your experience.

Yes I agree, the other one was for volumizing, and anything volumizing always turns my hair to straw.

I just looked at the website and it shows that there at now 6 left in stock if you want to try to get one! There's shipping & handling now and no flex pays though.

I'll share once I try it out, hopefully it actually works....

Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 MammaPooh said: http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/ontario/superior-court-of-justice/2009/01/14/simioni-v-simion...

Thanks, MammaPooh. I read that decision a long, long time ago. Maybe if some would actually read, instead of speculating, they would understand the circumstances surrounding the sudden disappearance of one half of the Ojon team from the QVC presentations, and the ultimate sale of the company.

As for all the comments and criticism about supposed cosmetic surgery, and criticism about the fact that he is selling a new product, etc. etc., I think those comments reveal more about the person who makes them than anything else. Cosmetic surgery is a personal decision for those who can afford it. End of story. As for why he is selling a new product, it should have been pretty clear to anyone who watched even fifteen minutes of the Ojon presentations on QVC that Dennis (sp?) was the entrepreneurial spirit and marketing force. He's an entrepreneur. He is focused on his new venture, working to make this thing that he has right now a success.

Respected Contributor

On 6/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

whoa, just went to look at that pdf and the nourishing one is sold out!

There are still a few left at HSN. I just ordered one.

Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 okiebug said:
On 6/19/2014 pridequeen said:
On 6/19/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 6/19/2014 Ladybug724 said:
On 6/19/2014 annabellethecat said:

It almost sounds like he's copying Wen.

How so? Is it a cleansing conditioner too

That's exactly how he described it, as a cleansing conditioner but he's developed a new delivery system.

I found his constant reference to paddling down the river, been there done that but now climbing mountains to be really disingenuous. That said, and out of curiosity I did order just to try it and see how it compares to my results with WEN. If it doesn't deliver I'll send it back.

just curious but how was it disingenuous? That was his schtick when he came out with Ojon and everyone knew his story so he was probably talking about it to remind people that that was his company. He came out with his products before WEN but unfortunately QVC kicked him to the curb when Chaz came. That's how I feel but you don't have to agree. I just hate the way big businesses act sometimes and seem to have no loyalty, just jump ship as soon as something new comes along.

Don't think that's accurate. Ojon and WEN came to QVC within months of each other - Ojon launched on QVC December, 2004 according to an interview with Denis in BusinessWeek in June 2006. In that interview he said Ojon was the fastest growing haircare line on QVC in 2006 and was on QVC as late as 2012. WEN has been on QVC 9 years - I don't know the exact launch date, but that makes it early 2005 before June.

Interesting that in 2006 Denis said he felt a calling to care for the indigenious people who "felt God had sent him to them", then sold his company to EL one year later.

Another question I have, how can he compete against himself? If he's launching a new line of haircare, has he resigned as President of Ojon? If he has, what about his "calling" to care for the tribe that gave him the ingredient?

*sigh* everyone has to make it about WEN vs. the world. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} But I heard of Ojon before WEN and it was in my Sephora wayyy before WEN ever showed up (but don't know if Ojon came to QVC before WEN or vice versa).

Anyway, he really said that (the bolded part)?? That just makes me cringe. I really do not like when people use indigenous people, fair trade, women's co-op, etc to sell their products as part of their "shtick" to selll the product but don't really care and at the drop of the hat, will dump them. I am not saying he did that but how can he say that then sell to EL? Unless EL promised to continue to support the indigenous people? Can you say definitely they are no longer supporting them? Not speculation or rumor, but actual fact?

Super Contributor

I'm looking forward to trying it! I bought the nourishing version - the shine/volume one looks too drying for my hair.

Super Contributor

HD, I can't say for sure. I did find an interview with Denis in August, 2011 where he answered the question of sustainable harvesting. It is on the EL website. His answer:

How do you ensure sustainable harvesting?

From a production standpoint, we’re extremely proud of our commitment to sustainable harvesting. The process for Ojon Oil is done entirely by hand. The Ojon tree grows wild and every season it bears new fruit.

After working closely with the Rainforest Alliance for more than two years, our Honduran producers have also earned Forest Stewardship Council Certification. More than 76,000 hectares in the Mosquitia region are now certified for sustainable forest management. The certification will help enhance the social, ecological and economic sustainability for communities in La Mosquitia. It will also protect the delicate traditional harvesting process of Ojon’s iconic golden elixir.

Another article stated that EL had taken a loss of close to $9 million on Ojon as of 2011 and was restructuring it, so after 2011, I don't know.