Trusted Contributor

Re: Dana Bledsoe..health update?

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

She has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. 

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

I'm praying for your sister too.....and you.           Heart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

I'm praying for your sister too.....and you.           Heart

@skittles2Thank you Skittle.  I appreciate it, and I know my sister does.  She's not in a good mind set after going through so much.  It is just so sad,  I hope and pray she makes it through this!  Thanks!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

Winamac, I am praying for your sister too. I went through ovarian cancer just this past year with surgery & treatment. God Bless her and Dana too!  I've followed Dana on FB and she's been such an inspiration as I've gone through some pretty dark days after my diagnosis. It's tough not only physically but mentally as well. I went through terrible anxiety & depression & still do. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for this thread. It is a gentle reminder for me to keep us all on our prayers.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I'm praying for Dana. She's so brave but you know it's hard for any woman with kids dealing with cancer. The fear of not knowing what's going to happen or how long you have to be with your family. I want her to watch her children grow up.

My mom had leukemia for 18 yrs. She fought to stay alive. She had 7 young kids to take care of & could not leave my dad alone to deal with that. Some doctors told her she did not have leukemia because she could not live as long as she did but the tests said otherwise. She was here until the youngest of 7 turned 18. She was only 47.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

@winamac1

So sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers for you & your sister.

Trusted Contributor

@gabriela wrote:

She does and spoke of it...God Bless her strength!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Dana is such a lovely, graceful person.

I too am holding her in my thoughts.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

@winamac1, I am so sorry to read this.  I was hoping and praying your sister would be an ovarian cancer success story.  I certainly will keep her in my prayers.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I'm praying for Dana. She's so brave but you know it's hard for any woman with kids dealing with cancer. The fear of not knowing what's going to happen or how long you have to be with your family. I want her to watch her children grow up.

My mom had leukemia for 18 yrs. She fought to stay alive. She had 7 young kids to take care of & could not leave my dad alone to deal with that. Some doctors told her she did not have leukemia because she could not live as long as she did but the tests said otherwise. She was here until the youngest of 7 turned 18. She was only 47.

Oh my goodness.  How brave your mother was to go through that for so long and die so young.  Smiley Sad

I have a very close cousin who has been fighting Stage 4 Metastatic breast cancer for 11 years.  By the time she was diagnosed and started to be treated, it was in both breasts.  The entire process from the time she was diagnosed was botched and ultimately she switched doctors but that being said, basically they are chasing it all over her body trying to keep it from taking over.