Respected Contributor

Re: Dana Bledsoe..health update?

Who is Dana Bledsoe ?

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Who is Dana Bledsoe ?

@BeccaLou, she's the rep for Dr. Perricone products.

Respected Contributor

Thank-You. That was so quick with your answer, I appreciate you so much.

Respected Contributor

I think Leah Williams looks ill. I saw her yesterday and I am concerned. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

She has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. 

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

@winamac1, I am so sorry to read this.  I was hoping and praying your sister would be an ovarian cancer success story.  I certainly will keep her in my prayers.  Smiley Sad

Thank you so much @Lipstickdiva

She just grew all of her gorgeous, hair back.  She is going to go through chemo once she heals from this surgery.  She went through hell with it the first time. 

It's devastating. 

Thanks to all!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

Winamac, I am praying for your sister too. I went through ovarian cancer just this past year with surgery & treatment. God Bless her and Dana too!  I've followed Dana on FB and she's been such an inspiration as I've gone through some pretty dark days after my diagnosis. It's tough not only physically but mentally as well. I went through terrible anxiety & depression & still do. 

Thank you.  I'm sorry you had to deal with this too!! Prayer and hugs.  She had some  fairly new HIPEC treatment after the surgery last week at Cleveland Clinic.

Good luck to you!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

@winamac1

So sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers for you & your sister.

Thanks to you too!  @Nightowlz

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

I am SO sorry about your sister! I just read she used baby powder and remember my Gyn warned me about it many years ago!!!! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

I am SO sorry about your sister! Years ago I worked at a Medical Center and I was an advocate for patients...I was caring for a young woman with ovarian cancer..spent the entire day with her..she knew she was dying and she was trying to cheer me up. She made an impact on me I will never forget..I saw other's during that time..they were all terminally ill..and I wanted to help them..! I took care of a 17 year old girl who was pregnant and chose to keep her baby..at the risk of dying herself. Her baby was born ok..but she died. Her mother lost her daughter but she had a beautiful grandaughter..! 

I worked for an oncologist several years after that..and we lost most of the patients..they were all doing chemo. What I have taken from all of this.. doing research and learning about ALL the ways to avoid it and keeping our body in an alkaline state. Cancer is fed by sugar and acidic foods. It can't grow in an alkaline enviornment! Maybe, thats why I went on this journey..to educate others in the hopes all of us can avoid this terrible disease!!!

My sister is so healthy.  She's never had much alcohol ( maybe 4 glasses of wine in a 5 year period of time), she is an avid yogi, she eats so healthy, etc.  She used Johnsons Baby Power all over body for 22 years.  She attributes her ovarian cancer to that.  There were 6 girls in our family.  She's the only one who used baby powder and used it in her private parts.  

My heart is breaking for her.  She just had surgery a week or so ago.    She's had so many surgeries early on and thought she was in the clear.  Ovarian cancer is one of the worst for recurrence as you know.  

I pray for everyone with this horrible disease of cancer!

Honored Contributor

Cancer is a scourge. It can be so overwhelming that we can become susceptible to falsehoods about its causes and origins.

Please read the following links:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cancer-update/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/everyone-who-has-cancer-has-a-ph-that-is-too-acidic/

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2014/03/24/dont-believe-the-hype-10-persistent-cancer-myths-...

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/in-depth/cancer-causes/art-20044714

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland