Honored Contributor

Re: DON NOT AGREE WITH BUCKLE'S SHADE CHOICE ADVICE

@SilleeMee wrote:

DON'T PUT FOUNDATION ON YOUR NECK!! He said to MATCH IT to your neck.

I respectfully disagree. In the video with Jill he said to put the foundation on your face and neck to match the color of your body. Word for word.

Respected Contributor

@Melania wrote:

Once again...he did NOT say put in on your neck!! ** face palm**

He said match the foundation to your neck...then you put in on your face. NOT YOUR NECK!!!

Then you have one seamless look face to neck. 

What a concept.

Well, the show I watched he did put the makeup on the models neck all the way to her décolleté. No face palm.

Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I don't know whether or not he said to apply foundation to the neck and/or chest but I've never ever done that nor would I ever want to- have never even thought to do that! I DO, however, match the COLOR to my neck since it is lighter. Too many women use the wrong shade of foundation for their face and there is a distinct demarcation line from their chin line to their neck and it isn't a pretty look!

I don't like my freckles and a Laura Mercier makeup artist suggested that I wear a darker foundation to "cover" them, so I have been doing that for years.  I was recently married and had a wonderful makeup and hair stylist who really understood that I wanted a natural look, as our wedding was in the afternoon.

At our trial run and again on my wedding day, the stylist told me that my foundation should match my neck.  She matched the color perfectly.  I felt that my makeup was perfect and I received countless compliments, even from my brother, who never says much.  Lesson learned for me.

So, Happy Daze, I agree with you!

Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Melania wrote:

He said match the foundation to your neck...then you put in on your face. NOT YOUR NECK!!!

What a concept.

Well, the show I watched he did put the makeup on the models neck all the way to her décolleté. No face palm.

Not the one I saw. He didn't put a drop on anyone's neck.

He said to match the neck. Nothing more.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

I didn't watch the shows but just watched it on QVC tv. I don't have a stick foundation but his seems effortlessly to apply with the fingers... the primer is in the middle of the tube which would give it a more bluring effect.... I would think it would work well as a light or med. coverage On the models, it looks like a soft glow.. I would not purchase because the light has a peach tone & the med. has a golden tone & I am a true Neutral & wear light to med. shades.. I am also not on the hunt for a new foundation.

I hope those who have purchased are pleased with it. I don't put foundation down my neck but blend just below my jawline.

That's what I do, blend it just below my jawline.

I'm not looking for a new foundation (actually, I wear a BB cream, and not a foundation) either.

Honored Contributor

What I currently use works for me.  It's Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer and I never have a line at the jawline.  Foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB's, etc. have come a long way and you usually find one that matches your skin color well.   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

What I currently use works for me.  It's Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer and I never have a line at the jawline.  Foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB's, etc. have come a long way and you usually find one that matches your skin color well.   HeartCat Happy

Maybe you "find one that matches your skin color" but QVC doesn't have one, not one, that matches mine or Jayne's or Ade's .  Whenever the company presenting their wares actually does manufacture one that matches, like Becca, QVC chooses to avoid carrying that shade.  The beautiful model for Christopher Buckle looked ghostly ashen.  He didn't come close to a match for either neck or chest!  

I have to decide again whether the eyeliner and fixative are worth the price, knowing full well that the claims for lipstick and foundation are falsehoods. And of course I have to be prepared for posters telling me to go back where I came from, order from some other company that caters to people like me.........some things never change

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Melania wrote:

What a concept.

Not the one I saw. He didn't put a drop on anyone's neck.

He said to match the neck. Nothing more.

Well I just saw it again it was a taped airing of the same one where he put it all the way down the models neck. Guess we saw two different airings. 

Respected Contributor

Watching Kristofer Buckle on BeautyIQ---anyone else think the model Allie is way too dark?  I mean, I'm all for some summer color and glow, but she seems over-the-top dark to me.

Respected Contributor

I caught some of the presentation with Leah and I thought he said to match the color to your chest, not put it on your chest.  His point was that women sometimes go too light on their face and then it looks like makeup is on vs. the "correct" shade which looks more natural.

For me, my chest is pinker than my face so I'm not sure how that match would work. And not sure that a peachy toned light would be best either but fair is probably too light.  I'm curious to try his foundation although I sure don't need it.