Honored Contributor

Re: DON NOT AGREE WITH BUCKLE'S SHADE CHOICE ADVICE

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So in what cases would a person use 30, 50, 70 or 110 SPF?  What should we be wearing all the time?  It is all so confusing!

@SeaMaiden, from what I've understood, most experts believe that anything more than 50 is just marketing. Also, I think @Shanus mentioned, you shouldn't rely on your foundation to protect you because it's highly unlikely that you would use enough.

I do wear 50 or 70 when walking the dogs or actually have to be in the sun. I also wear a hat w/ wide brim. One of the squamous cell growths was on the top of my ear. Go figure! Short hair, I guess. 

Honored Contributor

I use the Dry Touch stuff when I'm out working in the yard, but I still hate the stuff and I still get a farmer's tan.  I have another face formula that's tinted, Elta MD Physical UV, that I wear when I'm skiing.  However, they have now changed the formula and it's kinda slimy feeling and the color is off.  I managed to get my hands on one final tube of the old formula, but I'm not gonna use it  for yard work.  I'll save it for times when I would be out in the public eye.  Wish I could find a good replacement for it.

Honored Contributor

I DVRd the Buckle show last night 6PM w/ Jen and on the blonde "older" model, he matched & applied medium foundation on her chest, then said to bring it up your neck and apply to your face....I'm wearing my glasses & did watch that part twice to be sure. 

Most of the time Mally, LG or Eve Pearl are on, they make up the hosts. I didn't notice any of the hosts with the greasy too light or too dark look yesterday. That's quite telling.

I'm happy to see new makeup lines on Q, but when I think back to BB's or LG's presentations, they are clear and concise. Women didn't have pages of questions here about matching, etc. There was so much conversation about the foundation, I saw no mention of the other components in the TSV. 

Kristopher Buckle didn't stand a chance...and BTW, Kelly Ripa (who he claims to "do"), is never ever greasy looking. Matte. He must powder her down. Honesty is the best way to sell product.

Respected Contributor

@Melania, the presentation that I saw showed him applying the foundation to the model's neck. Then blending it. He said that this would give a more uniform color from face to neck.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Melania, the presentation that I saw showed him applying the foundation to the model's neck. Then blending it. He said that this would give a more uniform color from face to neck.

That's the one I saw where he applied to her neck that everyone is saying he never applied to her neck but just said to match it to your neck.  Thought I was the only one who saw it.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Both presentations I actually saw he said match to the chest.  The one at midnight he was putting it on her neck, but the one later in the day he only put it to her jawline.  The later presentation they spent most of the time on the eye products though, so maybe they ran out of time.  I have one DVR'd so I'll have to see what was said in that one.  I haven't heard who all the celebrities are, maybe it'll be mentioned in that presentation.  I will say Kelly Ripa's makeup looks lighter than her chest though.  I'm looking at her right now.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Both presentations I actually saw he said match to the chest.  The one at midnight he was putting it on her neck, but the one later in the day he only put it to her jawline.  The later presentation they spent most of the time on the eye products though, so maybe they ran out of time.  I have one DVR'd so I'll have to see what was said in that one.  I haven't heard who all the celebrities are, maybe it'll be mentioned in that presentation.  I will say Kelly Ripa's makeup looks lighter than her chest though.  I'm looking at her right now.

I'll go out on limb & say that no ones skin is exactly the same shade head to toe. My arms are a tad darker than my chest. My face & neck are lighter than chest...chest has freckles so appears darker. Match foundation to face, use bronzer to even it out to neck/chest...no big deal. Bobbi Brown preached this technique for 20 yrs. She was famous for her foundations.

Respected Contributor

I watched two presentations last night. He swiped the foundation on the chest to show the match. He blended it away then applied only to the face. He never said to cover the chest and bring up to the face. It was clear and understandable to me.

Honored Contributor

I watched one his presentations late yesterday.  From listening to him, I get the impression he hasn't a clue about everyday makeup for the average woman!

His whole presentation was about what he does for celebrities and acresses.  His eye makeup was really bizarre, and the foundation was so shiny and his "lipstick as rouge" at the end, while a good idea ... looked comical.

Maybe I just caught a bad presentation ... but I couldn't imagine myself ever wanting to look those models!  And ... wasn't that the purpose of the models being thre ... to show how wonderful his product is?

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I watched two presentations last night. He swiped the foundation on the chest to show the match. He blended it away then applied only to the face. He never said to cover the chest and bring up to the face. It was clear and understandable to me.

@Ms tyrion2

I saw that too.  I guess it's a good idea if one wears clothes that expose their chest.  I don't.