Respected Contributor

Re: Cruelty-free Makeup

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@Swedishmiss - good for you. However, here is what Cruelty Free Kitty wrote about Vanicream:

Vanicream is in the grey area

It's currently unclear whether or not Vanicream is cruelty-free, since they haven't provided enough information. Some brands that fall under this category refuse to share their complete animal testing policy or answer questions about their cruelty-free status.

Imo, a company that is truly CF should be proud of that fact and share it. That is a brand I won't purchase. But, the others look interesting. Thank You.

If Vanicream or any company does not provide the information Cruelty Free Kitty wants does not mean the company test on animals. 

What facts do you have that Vanicream test on animals? What is your source for the information? Your opinion of what a company should provide to Cruelty Free Kitty  is not fact.

Accusation without fact is a great disservice to a business.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

I haven't used their lip pencils as I don't line my lips.  I love their brow powder and well everything I've tried.  Price is right too.  I'm going to try their concealer once I use up the Cover Girl one that people recommended here.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@Swedishmiss - good for you. However, here is what Cruelty Free Kitty wrote about Vanicream:

Vanicream is in the grey area

It's currently unclear whether or not Vanicream is cruelty-free, since they haven't provided enough information. Some brands that fall under this category refuse to share their complete animal testing policy or answer questions about their cruelty-free status.

Imo, a company that is truly CF should be proud of that fact and share it. That is a brand I won't purchase. But, the others look interesting. Thank You.

If Vanicream or any company does not provide the information Cruelty Free Kitty wants does not mean the company test on animals. 

What facts do you have that Vanicream test on animals? What is your source for the information? Your opinion of what a company should provide to Cruelty Free Kitty  is not fact.

Accusation without fact is a great disservice to a business.

@Iwantcoffee 

Just to be clear, no one HERE Said that VaniCream tests on Animals.  There is NO accusation, made by anyone here.

What was said is that VaniCream has not provided Cruelty Free Kitty the necessary documentation to prove that they Meet Cruelty Free Standards.

All the groups that offer certification as CF require documentation of the components of their product sources. - both in house and by outside sources.  If VaniCream chooses not to provide that information that is their choice, but then they don’t meet the standards for certification.

If is the same as if someone went to a University and said - I want a degree from this university.   The university would ask for documentation of proof that the required work has been done there.  If proof is not provided - no degree.  

The burden of proof is on the recipient.

It is hard and costly to meet CF standards, one reason I admire companies that do so.  If one does not to meet the standards, or provide necessary information about sources of ingredients, that is on them.

If you would like to check the wording for yourself, to see what @riley1 was quoting, see (Cruelty Free Kitty dot com)

The requirements of becoming CF are not set by anyone here. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee - I was not accusing anyone of anything. Perhaps you should go to Cruelty Free Kitty and check for yourself. 

The grey area comment was by CFK as I stated in my post. I also stated that it was a brand I would not purchase because I can't be sure it is CF. 

Btw, I found your post to me rude. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe - Thanks!! 

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

“Cruelty-free” is not regulated.

Vanicream states on their site that they do not test on animals and Vanicream is not listed as a brand that test on animals on Cruelty-Free Kitty.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

I'm sorry, I've been gone for 3 days and don't recall what product we're talking about.  The only lip pencils I use aren't your typical lip pencils.  They're not used for lining.

Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

“Cruelty-free” is not regulated.

Vanicream states on their site that they do not test on animals and Vanicream is not listed as a brand that test on animals on Cruelty-Free Kitty.

@Iwantcoffee  This is precisely the issue that the other poster mentioned with the grey area.  They say it, but won't prove it by showing documentation so they can be added among the many brands who are truly cruelty free.  I personally wouldn't believe this (but that's just me).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life