Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Here, But Me, Bought This?

It's in my top 10 purchases this year.  I thought I would only use it as a highlighter or a blush topper at best.  Tonight I put it on as my blush...well no wonder they call it a blush, it IS one.  Looks a lot like when I use a  brown "blush" and put this over it.  Wearing it to the city tomorrow.  

Funny:  DH just can't get used to not having to sit in the car at Sephora or Ulta while I shop or why I don't NEED to go to the city more often.  Shopping for makeup online is so much easier and you're more informed since you can take your time to read and watch YT.  But I understand those of you who don't have to make a day of it to get to your local Sephora or have working knees where browsing comfortably isn't an issue Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Here, But Me, Bought This?

It looks very pretty! I'm sorry but I don't know what brand this is? 

Esteemed Contributor

I was so tempted but some of her reviews say most of her line is made in China.

Can you confirm?

Honored Contributor

Yes why don't you identify the product?

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife 

Sorry about that.  It's  Huda Beauty's N.Y.M.P.H. KISS Glow Blush.  It's stunning!

Trusted Contributor

Its a beautiful color.  I really can't imagine what it would look like on me.  I only wear blush on rare occasions. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  I remember when you bought this for a highlighter and it seemed a little dark for it to work.  Great that you've now 'repurposed' it.  It's a beautiful tonal blush color, it also looks that it would work on either cool or warm skin tones.

I've heard you mention your knee(s).  It's so painful, I know.  About 2 years ago my left knee and hip were hurting so bad.  It went on for months. An orthopedic doctor talked me into trying injections and scheduled me for those at a local hospital.  I found help elsewhere.

Obviously I don't know the severity of your problem but have you tried any supplements with glucosimine and chondrotin?  I bought Osteo Bi Flex Triple Strength and within a week my pain faded away.  It was miraculous . I've used it faithfully now for two years. I just thought I'd mention it to you. Hope you don't mind.

Enjoy your trip to the city, maybe you'll even have a few minutes to pop into Sephora and Ulta.

Honored Contributor

I realize there area a lot of women here that are of the age where they wear very little if any makeup.  My mother is 82 years old and still wears a full face every day.  So did my grandmother till the day she died.  I'm just following the footsteps of the women in my family Smiley Happy  And the last couple of years, makeup and skincare has exploded with the onset of the panini (g).  

I have highlighters that show the little bit of texture I have.  Wouldn't you know that it would be the only place I have texture Smiley Sad  This one does NOT show texture.  I feel I'll need to stick with neutral eyes when I wear this tho.  Part of me wants to buy a backup.  The other part has learned that by the time I'm finished with it, something bigger and better will have come along.

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

I don't know if you recall me saying I'm not normal and a Dr that said "we didn't learn about people like you in med school" (sigh).  I can't take those supplements.  Trust me, I've tried.  My husband takes the exact one you mentioned.  Wait, I HAVE found one that I'm able to take without the common (to me) problem of them causing horrible swelling in my feet and lower legs.  Sometimes my hands too.  I can and do take Move Free Ultra for joint, cartilage and bone.  No glucosamine or chondroitin in it.  I used to think it had stopped working years ago.  I stop and 3 days later discover just how good it IS working (but it's not enough).  The syn visc shot was the best thing I've ever done for my knee but that was about 4 months ago and it's starting to wear off.  Thursay's appt is just a followup from what I understand.  I need to find out for sure.  I'll have to have a 2mg Ativan if I'm going to get another shot Smiley Surprised  I have zero pain tolerance Smiley Sad Nurse Julie stayed in there with me.  She's so sweet and pretty and kept me focused on something else.  I did good (for me) and didn't embarass my husband Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

I don't recall saying it was too dark but that doesn't mean I didn't say it.  I love it Smiley Happy  I've seen some use it as an e/s.  Just a light swipe.