Honored Contributor

Re: Completely new makeup collection?

@VaBelle35 wrote:

At the same time, I decided to stop buying kits and stop stockpiling when there was a sale.  While they are a good value, I don't use half of what's in the kits.

@VaBelle35  I agree. I’d find a lipstick or gloss I loved, stock up just in case it was discontinued...often happens...I did stop purchasing kits and TSVs. I always had items to give away that I didn’t use. There goes the bargain price, right?

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Oh, my gosh!  All the time!  But I never know what to buy!  I look and look and research and then I think --- will the new stuff be any better???  That's why I have so much makeup because I buy new and then decide -- well, maybe I better keep this other stuff because I don't know for sure if I like the new stuff better!  I think in my case, I'm never totally happy with how I look and think maybe new items will make me look better.  It's like going and buying a new blouse or dress ---- it gives you a boost of confidence.  Then, after the initial thrill is gone, it's all the same!!! LOL! 

@AngelPuppy1  That’s a big issue for many women and cosmetics companies prey on those insecurities. I suggest a makeover at a dept. store, get samples & see if you actually feel better about how you look before you purchase. Beware that sales people are good at their game. Don’t get talked into buying all the products they used...maybe just a lipstick if you loved it. A full face re-do, depending on the mu line could cost hundreds of dollars!!!

Trusted Contributor

Me too. I used up everything I was using and switched to IT. Now I only use IT my life is easier and I am saving lots of money not trying new things just to try.

Honored Contributor

I have tried just about every makeup offering on every shopping channel and I always end up going back to bare minerals and Laura Geller's balance and brighten. I'm using up my serum makeup from bare minerals now and will just stick with their mineral makeup. It doesn't go bad and as long as I use primer it doesn't show every wrinkle on my 67 year old face. LOL