Honored Contributor

Re: Completely new makeup collection?

I actually had a problem with my eyes that ended up being an allergic reaction to something, but they initially thought it was conjunctivitis, so I tossed everything and started over.

It was actually quite nice because I wasn't using most of it anyway, so it was a good excuse to toss it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

At the same time, I decided to stop buying kits and stop stockpiling when there was a sale.  While they are a good value, I don't use half of what's in the kits.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I love my tinted moisturizer and I have tried to find something less expensive with no luck so I will stick with it (Laura Mercier).  I always add new lipsticks and my blushes are fine -- I have powder and creme.  I very seldom wear eye shadow but I do have a palette that serves my purpose.  It has been so hot that I have only worn the tinted moisturizer.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I do sometimes feel this way, especially during the change of season. I've never done it completely though and tossed everything and started fresh. I think if everything I had was old it would be different, but because I purchase different items at different times some are always older than others. My collection isn't large either because I will toss things intermittently either because they are older or I just don't care for how they perform or look. 

Respected Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn- I have been trying to go cruelty free for a while now and while almost all of my products are now cruelty free and I have some I really like, I'm still looking for some HG's that I just haven't been able to find yet. Foundation and nighttime makeup remover have been the hardest to replace. Could you share some of your favorite green beauty sites, I'd love to be able to get samples before I purchase full size items.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Oh, my gosh!  All the time!  But I never know what to buy!  I look and look and research and then I think --- will the new stuff be any better???  That's why I have so much makeup because I buy new and then decide -- well, maybe I better keep this other stuff because I don't know for sure if I like the new stuff better!  I think in my case, I'm never totally happy with how I look and think maybe new items will make me look better.  It's like going and buying a new blouse or dress ---- it gives you a boost of confidence.  Then, after the initial thrill is gone, it's all the same!!! LOL! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@rnmom

Good morning . I do like brands like Andalou naturals and Pacifica which are very affordable and I started with , but I do really like green beauty brands and started venturing into those brands about 2 years ago and really enjoy them . Here are my favorite sites : Aurora beauty -5 samples for $19 samples last 2-6 times ,plus 2 free samples with your order. Citrine Beauty - custom samples 5 samples for $15 (1-2 uses ) they also have a quiz/questionare you can fill out . Integrity Botanicals sells samples of many of the products they sell,individually but not a set number. All of these sites I have ordered from , they have great customer service as well,if you email them with any questions/concerns . I also like Alima Pure mineral makeup and they have great mineral foundation samples . I will soon be 55 but still have combination/oily skinand this makeup is wonderful . . Hope this helps .

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

I'm always looking for the next best thing, but it rarely works out... So, back to the old.  Someday I will learn to just quit doing this!  Smiley Embarassed

@Mistic  I’m pretty good about asking for samples before trying expensive products. Don’t feel alone. I just tossed my IT white setting powder in a compact & returned to my NARS that I’d used for years. 

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@JoNikki wrote:

Do you ever just want to throw away all of your makeup and start over completely fresh? I don't even have a large collection by any means, compared to others my collection is what some people just take on vacation! However, I sometimes get the urge to throw everything out and start new, like a clean slate. Does anyone else ever feel this way??

@JoNikki I get the urge, but I don't, because it would cost and waste too much money.  But I do shop my stash and use my makeup in new ways to keep it fresh. For example, I will mix different foundations to achieve the right color.  The same thing with lipstick, by mixing different lipsticks, you can the perfect color you're looking for.

@momoftwo2007 I got tired of looking for a good cream blush and just started using my lipsticks. The go on well...just a few dots...and blend easily w/ staying power...more than other cream blushes I’ve used.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I actually did that last year. I loved the things i had tried from IT so much I started over. I kept a few eyeshadow pallets but tossed most everything and bought IT.

@ccassaday  I did just the opposite. I tried a few IT products, the setting powder, CC Foundation and mascara & didn’t see what all the hype was about. After I used them up, went back to my standbys.