Super Contributor

NOoooooooo............I dont see it

The before and afters are frankly becoming disgusting, I just cringe, please stop  showing these non impressive  comparisons. We all know the limitations of skin creams.  This applies to all categories, lets throw in hair appliance too.   Wow, a spiral curl just happened, let me catch my breath. It's just gotten to be a little more drama than is necessary.   

Honored Contributor

Re: NOoooooooo............I dont see it

The beauty industry is all about exaggeration and outright lies on products that are enormously over-priced.  As for the before and afters, you need imagination to ascertain a perceptible difference.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

If these creams did what they claim they would not be able to keep them on the shelf. 

Honored Contributor

@mdmc wrote:

If these creams did what they claim they would not be able to keep them on the shelf. 

Actually probably not.  Judging from those that poo poo every product as snake oil when they never tried the product and also from those who would never spend the money even if something absolutely worked and dont forget those who continually state they do not care to enhance their looks and are confident so don't care to look their best - well sales would not jump much!!  There are many many products that actually do produce great  results.  Most of the before and after pictures actually do show a small amount of change so why not show it.  There have been some products that have actually given me way better results than the before and after pictures.  What works for some will not work for everyone.  I believe that there are products to improve the appearance of skin for everyone but some just don't care to try them for whatever reasons which is their choice.

Respected Contributor

Either the befores and afters are so dramatic that you know it could not be true without surgery or the difference is non existent.  I really don't watch that many beauty shows anymore because I can easily get suckered into believing their claims and so far no product has made any change I can see. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't worry if you don't see it. They'll tell you what you're seeing!

@Pook

I hearted your post, but when I did, they took away the heart you already had! I was able to put it back, though; just couldn't add to it!

Honored Contributor

@mdmc wrote:

And they wouldn't say, "new and improved" next time you looked.

Honored Contributor

I ignore them for one reason (maybe two):

Seeing the same pictures being used by DIFFERENT vendors. So, tell me....WHICH one of your products ACTUALLY worked? Oh, none of them? She's had plastic surgery? Oh, ok, thanks.

Even better: the same photo is being used for YEARS. You could at least UPDATE the photo, you know.

Yep. That cured me from EVER believing ANY vendor when it comes to before and after photos.

Esteemed Contributor

In these days of photoshopping and computer enhancements, I will never believe any "before" and "after" comparison is real.  And I agree with @SahmIam -- I've noticed the same pictures being used by different vendors, and some pictures being used for several years.  How about that Skinn guy's photo of the lady who looks like there's a quarter sewn into her cheek?  What's up with that?  That woman must be 112 by now.  (OK, I haven't watched Skinn in years, so maybe he finally quit using that photo.)

"Before" and "after" photos will never convince me to buy a product.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

In these days of photoshopping and computer enhancements, I will never believe any "before" and "after" comparison is real.  And I agree with @SahmIam -- I've noticed the same pictures being used by different vendors, and some pictures being used for several years.  How about that Skinn guy's photo of the lady who looks like there's a quarter sewn into her cheek?  What's up with that?  That woman must be 112 by now.  (OK, I haven't watched Skinn in years, so maybe he finally quit using that photo.)

"Before" and "after" photos will never convince me to buy a product.

@tototwo. I absolutely can't stand that photo used by Dimitri. It has always bothered me, that ladys' cheek looking like that.It is just crazy, I guess they are counting on naive, gullible women to be watching and believing it...