Occasional Contributor

Completely new makeup collection?

Do you ever just want to throw away all of your makeup and start over completely fresh? I don't even have a large collection by any means, compared to others my collection is what some people just take on vacation! However, I sometimes get the urge to throw everything out and start new, like a clean slate. Does anyone else ever feel this way??

Contributor

Re: Completely new makeup collection?

Let’s just say that I HEAVILY edit my collection regularly.  Still looking for those holy grail products I can’t live without.   So, I guess the answer is yes....  Do the same with skin care products.  Mostly high end stuff too.  

Respected Contributor

I'm always looking for the next best thing, but it rarely works out... So, back to the old.  Someday I will learn to just quit doing this!  Smiley Embarassed

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@JoNikki wrote:

Do you ever just want to throw away all of your makeup and start over completely fresh? I don't even have a large collection by any means, compared to others my collection is what some people just take on vacation! However, I sometimes get the urge to throw everything out and start new, like a clean slate. Does anyone else ever feel this way??

@JoNikki I get the urge, but I don't, because it would cost and waste too much money.  But I do shop my stash and use my makeup in new ways to keep it fresh. For example, I will mix different foundations to achieve the right color.  The same thing with lipstick, by mixing different lipsticks, you can the perfect color you're looking for.

Valued Contributor

@JoNikki

Yes I did this a few years ago. When we had decided to adopt a rescue puppy after putting down our beloved 12 year old Sheltie . I had made the decision to  go  cruelty free  I finished up with what i had left in some of my Bobbie Brown makeup (foundation, blush etc) then tossed the rest of my old MAC ,NARS and BOBBIE BROWN . I now have quite a few HG's Alima Pure foundation, Elate and Teri Miyahira Eyeshadows .HYNT Beauty concealer and Blush along with NUDUS and W3ll People lip colors and FITGLOW mascara . Skincare I have some favorites ,but like to mix it up. Luckily many green beauty sights sell samples so I like to purchased sample serums and masks

Respected Contributor

Really want to do this.  In my Mid 40's - been using the same thing since 30's, its time to toss and recharge!

Respected Contributor

I love makeup and I'm always trying different looks. The only thing I stick with is the color of shadow I use. I spend a small fortune in makeup but that's okay....it's just my thing and it is fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually did that last year. I loved the things i had tried from IT so much I started over. I kept a few eyeshadow pallets but tossed most everything and bought IT.

Occasional Contributor

@ccassaday I can't think of a less weird way to ask this (lol), but how was it??

Esteemed Contributor

@JoNikki wrote:

@ccassaday I can't think of a less weird way to ask this (lol), but how was it??

Lol. It felt good. I had a lot of old stiff. Wasnt using most of it. I wanted to narrow it down to stuff I would really use. All my makeup now fits in my long vanity drawer. It also stopped me from wanting yo try so much stuff. I was so mad at how much money i wasted.