Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Jaded July

@Brisky wrote:
just bee, for goodness sakes,LOL. Not a real ranch 😊
LMAO, way to much work and money.
No stairs is all I want. Think simple like me. LOL

@Brisky 

Ah, a ranch house! Woman LOL

The smartest thing we ever did was buy a house without stairs when we moved out here.

Would have been even smarter if it had been a little smaller!

When I was a kid all I wanted was to live in a house with stairs and a fireplace.  Now I could gladly live without both.

Too many dogs and cats sleeping on steps...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Lol, yes, it is good to know where your going. Mine love there walks too.
Sounds nice where your living and you can't fit much new in. That will be nice in a year from now.
Sounds easy to clean too.
We are debating selling and looking for a ranch.
I know it would sell, I just am not seeing what I want.

Hope all is well with you all!

Geezerette most cleaning ladies would run when they saw Carla! Lol
She would keep you safe, that is for sure.😊
My husband worked 6 years for a vet. He told me Rottweilers usually attach themselves to one person.

I don't know if he is right because I took care of my neighbors and had no problems at all.

Have a good one every body. I am just hanging hot here.

@Brisky 

😄  Yes, Carla definitely keeps me safe.  Anybody that doesn’t know her is terrified when they first meet her.  Most of the time I never try to change their minds.  She really is a big baby and whether or not she would actually jump in to physically protect me if I needed it, I’m still not sure. (I hope I never have to find out!)  My Rottweiler friends insist she would rise to the occasion.  She hates long-handled tools like brooms and will go into a frenzy attacking them—I can’t count the number of brooms she’s obliterated.  So if anyone comes at me with a broom or shovel, then I’m sure she’d jump right in!😂

Your husband is right.  Rottweilers do tend to be one-person dogs.  I am definitely that person for Carla.  I couldn’t give her away if I wanted to, and trust me, every once in a while I’d like to!😠😖😉  We once had to leave her overnight at her Auntie’s and she was a maniac all night—no sleep for their whole household!  And these are people she knows and loves!🤪

@geezerette 

You love her! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
LOl, I know my oldest pup is horrible trouble if not supervised! He's and embarrassment every where we have ever gone.😁 I have to love him or I too would have to take him out! Always up to something! The other one does not step a toe over the line. If it's trouble we know it's him.

Carla would lay down her life for you. I would bet money on that. They are loyal to the end!
Thank God for dogs. Truest friends we will ever have☺

@Brisky 

What she said. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Lol, yes, it is good to know where your going. Mine love there walks too.
Sounds nice where your living and you can't fit much new in. That will be nice in a year from now.
Sounds easy to clean too.
We are debating selling and looking for a ranch.
I know it would sell, I just am not seeing what I want.

Hope all is well with you all!

Geezerette most cleaning ladies would run when they saw Carla! Lol
She would keep you safe, that is for sure.😊
My husband worked 6 years for a vet. He told me Rottweilers usually attach themselves to one person.

I don't know if he is right because I took care of my neighbors and had no problems at all.

Have a good one every body. I am just hanging hot here.

@Brisky 

😄  Yes, Carla definitely keeps me safe.  Anybody that doesn’t know her is terrified when they first meet her.  Most of the time I never try to change their minds.  She really is a big baby and whether or not she would actually jump in to physically protect me if I needed it, I’m still not sure. (I hope I never have to find out!)  My Rottweiler friends insist she would rise to the occasion.  She hates long-handled tools like brooms and will go into a frenzy attacking them—I can’t count the number of brooms she’s obliterated.  So if anyone comes at me with a broom or shovel, then I’m sure she’d jump right in!😂

Your husband is right.  Rottweilers do tend to be one-person dogs.  I am definitely that person for Carla.  I couldn’t give her away if I wanted to, and trust me, every once in a while I’d like to!😠😖😉  We once had to leave her overnight at her Auntie’s and she was a maniac all night—no sleep for their whole household!  And these are people she knows and loves!🤪

@geezerette 

You love her! Heart

@just bee 

Yes, sometimes I do. 🙃

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
LOl, I know my oldest pup is horrible trouble if not supervised! He's and embarrassment every where we have ever gone.😁 I have to love him or I too would have to take him out! Always up to something! The other one does not step a toe over the line. If it's trouble we know it's him.

Carla would lay down her life for you. I would bet money on that. They are loyal to the end!
Thank God for dogs. Truest friends we will ever have☺

@Brisky 

Yes, I know what you mean.  Depending on the disaster, I know exactly which of my three little darlings was the instigator! 😖

And you’re right about them being our truest friends, too.  

Pets are like men—can’t live with ‘em and can’t live without ‘em! 😄😉

Respected Contributor

When we were younger before the children came along my husband and I would have go arounds when mad at each other. If one of us thought we would leave we fought over who was keeping the dog.☺

Looking back it's pretty crazy LOL.

Respected Contributor

Animals are just awesome and I just love people that love them. Smiley Very Happy

@just bee, how is the new place?

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I, for one, am glad it is TGIF!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
When we were younger before the children came along my husband and I would have go arounds when mad at each other. If one of us thought we would leave we fought over who was keeping the dog.☺

Looking back it's pretty crazy LOL.

@Brisky 

Well, not that crazy...

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Animals are just awesome and I just love people that love them. Smiley Very Happy

@just bee, how is the new place?

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I, for one, am glad it is TGIF!!!!!

@aprilskies 

It would have been my Friday, but someone needs to work tonight so I'm going in.  Long week.

But the house is cute, I like the neighborhood and it's a little closer to normal.  The dog seems to be adjusting well to the new place and there are plenty of walking opportunities.

We just have to develop our new routine here.  What's weird is that my tastes are changing and I'm liking these all white interiors.