Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Jaded July

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEPcats

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Those three look jaded to me.

Respected Contributor

Cats are cool!
Trusted Contributor

I'm on a no buy for the rest of the summer. I don't need a stick of clothing, shoes, or makeup. I have way too much stuff and I intend to wear it all this summer. 

I will resist all of QVC's clearance shows. Besides, I already bought what I liked for the spring/summer season a lower price will not make anything more likeable. You know what I mean jellybeans?

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Cats are cool!

@Brisky 

And jaded!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I'm on a no buy for the rest of the summer. I don't need a stick of clothing, shoes, or makeup. I have way too much stuff and I intend to wear it all this summer. 

I will resist all of QVC's clearance shows. Besides, I already bought what I liked for the spring/summer season a lower price will not make anything more likeable. You know what I mean jellybeans?

@Squirrel Lover 

I definitely do, lollipop! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Cats are cool!

@Brisky 

And jaded!

@Brisky 

@just bee 

👍😄🐾

Honored Contributor

We actually did look at some patio furniture before we purchased the couch.  Funny thing is, a lot of the patio furniture was as (or even more) expensive than the indoor stuff!

Timing never seems to work for us but maybe this time it did.  We shopped during the Independence Day furniture sales.  And they gave us...

Free delivery!

Honored Contributor

Ugh.  We have to replace most of our kitchen utensils -- maybe all.  I remember when spatulas were cheap.  No longer the case.

I also remember when I'd thought about replacing our diish rack a year or so ago and I was so horrified by the prices that I just kept the one we had.

Now I have to buy a new one.

I used to pick up kitchen items at Ross and Marshalls back when I shopped for no reason.  Maybe I can find some things there...