Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

@PAlady wrote:

just bee - The things I think I need or want are purses and wallets.  I won't tell you how many I have of both and I don't need any more - But - I am always on the hunt for a new one.  I just bought a full size Kate Spade wallet, it is cute for spring - but, I am trying to downsize my purse, so why did I buy a full size one????  It is a never ending thing for me.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

@PAlady 

Oh, you’re singing my song here.  Purses.  I have been on the search for the “perfect” purse since I started carrying one as a kid.  I haven’t found it yet.  Which is surprising given how many I’ve bought.  

But as I’m winnowing my “wardrobe”, I also am doing in the purses.  In fact, I just put two more in my donation bag that leaves tomorrow.  These were two “keepers”.  But that’s the problem: I’ve been keeping them in the closet instead of using them.  If a purse is not “quite right”, I quit carrying it.  

I still have a few nice leather bags I’m keeping, not because I use them, but because I might use them and they were fairly expensive.  I don’t do leather anymore because it’s now too heavy for me.  So why am I saving them?  For the same reason I have party clothes that I never wear—I might go to a wedding or party.  Ha!  In which lifetime would that be?  I hate parties and avoid them at all cost.  Makes as much sense as the rest of my life.

Thankfully, wallets are not a problem.  In fact, I have a few of the same style because once I get a good wallet, I never want to change it.  So I have back ups.  Just in case. 🤣

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to put together a donation bag that will be donated to landfill.  I set aside one of my favorite holey T-shirts (yes, one of the gray ones -- how'd you know?) and a pair of leggings.  I'm wondering if I can muster up the courage to part with a few more favorite holey shirts (all gray) and two pairs of flannel pants that I just adore.  But they're so old and have been washed and worn so often that that material is actually splitting.

I've certainly used these items and got my money's worth (and then some).  Why not part with them and start using up the next round of shirts and MC Hammer pants?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Why are the gray tees always the favorites?  They’re always softer and more comfortable than any other color.  But I vowed no more gray for me.  I just don’t look good in gray with my coloring.

It’s going to take a while to wear out my gray shoes, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Why are the gray tees always the favorites?  They’re always softer and more comfortable than any other color.  But I vowed no more gray for me.  I just don’t look good in gray with my coloring.

@geezerette 

YES!

That's what makes them so hard to part with.  It's not like they're attractive -- they just feel great.

That's weird: I wore a pair of gray leather shoes to the dentist today.

Alegria

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

YES!

That's what makes them so hard to part with.  It's not like they're attractive -- they just feel great.

That's weird: I wore a pair of gray leather shoes to the dentist today.

Alegria

@just bee 

Gray minds think alike!  🤣

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Ar, ar, ar, ar!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

Geezerette - Like you, I am a fall person.  I don't mind early spring (like now), I can still wear jackets and long sleeve shirts.  Since my weight gain, I am all for covering myself.  I don't wear shorts so I am jeans year round.  I  am a jacket person and you really can't wear them in the summer.

@PAlady 

I agree—those jackets can hide a multitude of sins! 😁  

I normally gain a few pounds in the summer because I stay in the house and eat since it’s too hot outside.  The problem is those extra five pounds I put on this past winter that I haven’t gotten off yet! 😩

Trusted Contributor

Geezerette - I still have not found the perfect purse.  Lord knows the money I have spent on purses I could have designed and had one made for me.  

Honored Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

Geezerette - I still have not found the perfect purse.  Lord knows the money I have spent on purses I could have designed and had one made for me.  

@PAlady 

So true!

When I was into purses I was always searching for the perfect one.  Never found it.

Trusted Contributor

I have decided that I can't wear Denim & Co's perfect jersey fabric another minute. I just donated all 10 of the tops I had. Maybe someone will love them and they were all in pefect conditon and washed and ironed for someone else.