Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

Yikes.  Better get ready to go to my 9:00 appointment! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I want to get the dog out for a walk because it's lovely right now and I don't want to wait until it's warm.

But I can't walk.

Well, I can but it's not without difficulty.

I had a leg cramp the other day that was so excruciating that if I had been holding a chainsaw I would have just sliced off my leg to ease the pain.

Usually I wince, then breathe and stretch and the cramp is gone.

Not this one.  All I could do was scream.  BH was telling me, "Stretch, stretch!" and I was responding with "AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!  BWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!  AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!"

Didn't bother me at work that night but today I'm walking like the Mummy.

I don't recommend going online to research leg cramps because you'll come away thinking that you better get your will in order.

But I might try something.  Every time we have a work crew at the house we stock water and Gatorade.  The last crew didn't put a dent in the Gatorade and we have more than a case left.

I hate the stuff, but I might start with a daily bottle because my multivitamin has very little in the way of magnesium, calcium and potassium.

And I've been eating bananas this week!

Dehydrated?  Probably.  So if I drink this Gatorade I'm consuming sugar.  A lot of sugar.

So annoying.

@just bee 

Another thing that happens at 60. 😄

A friend gave me some packets he adds to his water in the summer to keep hydrated.  He swears he couldn’t work and sweat without them.  I looked at the ingredients and it was all stuff I couldn’t pronounce.  The only thing I recognized was the first ingredient: sugar.  

I threw them out.  I’ll take my chances with cramps.

You might want to rethink drinking something with electrolytes even if it does have sugar in it.  A friend of mine, a bit older than me, fainted in her kitchen, ended up on the tile floor with a broken collarbone.  The doc said she was just dehydrated.

A couple of months ago, my 90+ year old Mom fainted in her bathroom, hit her head on the bathroom counter and cut her head.  The doc said she was just dehydrated.

Now, I make sure I'm always sipping on a glass of water even if I'm not thirsty. And if I'm doing yardwork, it's Gatorade.  This getting old business sure is a pain in the you-know-where.

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I want to get the dog out for a walk because it's lovely right now and I don't want to wait until it's warm.

But I can't walk.

I had a leg cramp the other day that was so excruciating that if I had been holding a chainsaw I would have just sliced off my leg to ease the pain.

Not this one.  All I could do was scream.  BH was telling me, "Stretch, stretch!" and I was responding with "AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!  BWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!  AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!"

I don't recommend going online to research leg cramps because you'll come away thinking that you better get your will in order.

But I might try something.  Every time we have a work crew at the house we stock water and Gatorade.  The last crew didn't put a dent in the Gatorade and we have more than a case left.

I hate the stuff, but I might start with a daily bottle because my multivitamin has very little in the way of magnesium, calcium and potassium.

Dehydrated?  Probably.  So if I drink this Gatorade I'm consuming sugar.  A lot of sugar.

So annoying.

@just bee 

A friend gave me some packets he adds to his water in the summer to keep hydrated.  He swears he couldn’t work and sweat without them.  I looked at the ingredients and it was all stuff I couldn’t pronounce.  The only thing I recognized was the first ingredient: sugar.  

You might want to rethink drinking something with electrolytes even if it does have sugar in it.  A friend of mine, a bit older than me, fainted in her kitchen, ended up on the tile floor with a broken collarbone.  The doc said she was just dehydrated.

A couple of months ago, my 90+ year old Mom fainted in her bathroom, hit her head on the bathroom counter and cut her head.  The doc said she was just dehydrated.

Now, I make sure I'm always sipping on a glass of water even if I'm not thirsty. And if I'm doing yardwork, it's Gatorade.  This getting old business sure is a pain in the you-know-where.

@River Song 

Tell me about it!  I just got back from the dentist.  The good news is that I still have teeth.  For now.

A few of them are on my dentist's "watch list."  Sounds like they've done something wrong, doesn't it?  I bet they're in cahoots with my dwindling gums.

Dehydration.  Oh, how I battled with my mother when I moved her out here.  Her beverage of choice was always coffee and I could never get her to drink water.

Now I have to yell at myself to drink water.

The saga continues.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Geezerette - Like you, I am a fall person.  I don't mind early spring (like now), I can still wear jackets and long sleeve shirts.  Since my weight gain, I am all for covering myself.  I don't wear shorts so I am jeans year round.  I  am a jacket person and you really can't wear them in the summer.

Trusted Contributor

just bee - The things I think I need or want are purses and wallets.  I won't tell you how many I have of both and I don't need any more - But - I am always on the hunt for a new one.  I just bought a full size Kate Spade wallet, it is cute for spring - but, I am trying to downsize my purse, so why did I buy a full size one????  It is a never ending thing for me.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

We have a few unexpected visitors in our yard that are migrating north...Rose Breasted Grosbeaks!  I've seen them before when I lived 'up north' but not since I moved to Florida.  Kewl!

Image result for rose breasted grosbeak

Honored Contributor

I've managed to stop adding to my collections and have stopped buying specific items like jewelry, shoes, mugs, books, art objects, purses (stopped carrying one), clothes, shower gels and accessories.  Things like scarves.  I have quite a collection and can't remember the last time I wore one.  Same with hats.

It's one reason I don't understand this sudden urge to buy blush.  That LG palette lasted ten years.  Clearly I wasn't a blush collector -- or heavy user.

Odd.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@River Song wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

But I can't walk.

So annoying.

@just bee 

@River Song 

Tell me about it!  I just got back from the dentist.  The good news is that I still have teeth.  For now.

A few of them are on my dentist's "watch list."  Sounds like they've done something wrong, doesn't it?  I bet they're in cahoots with my dwindling gums.

Dehydration.  Oh, how I battled with my mother when I moved her out here.  Her beverage of choice was always coffee and I could never get her to drink water.

Now I have to yell at myself to drink water.

The saga continues.

@just bee 

I have a dentist appointment Thursday.  I should be okay—just my usual six month cleaning and check, but you never know.  

That’s what I don’t like about doctors and dentists—they always find things.  My next doctor appointment (thankfully not for a few months) is a “Wellness” visit.  Which means tests.  Tests that can detect things I don’t even want to think about, let alone possibly have to deal with.  

At at least I have a few months to try to get my cholesterol down.

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

We have a few unexpected visitors in our yard that are migrating north...Rose Breasted Grosbeaks!  I've seen them before when I lived 'up north' but not since I moved to Florida.  Kewl!

Image result for rose breasted grosbeak

@River Song 

How cool is that?  I've seen them at the Cornell feeders but I don't think I've ever seen one up close and personal.

One of the nice things about New Mexico is the variety of migrating birds.  We're always seeing something fly through here.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I have a dentist appointment Thursday.  I should be okay—just my usual six month cleaning and check, but you never know.  

That’s what I don’t like about doctors and dentists—they always find things.  My next doctor appointment (thankfully not for a few months) is a “Wellness” visit.  Which means tests.  Tests that can detect things I don’t even want to think about, let alone possibly have to deal with.  

At at least I have a few months to try to get my cholesterol down.

@geezerette 

Oh, I've given up on that! Woman LOL