Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

Years ago, I bought this:

soap

I think I found the bottle at Ross and it's been at the guest bathroon sink forever.  Best scent -- love this stuff.

I bought two smaller bottles from Walgreens and the product (not surprisingly) has changed.  Even the bottle and label have changed.  But the formula now is cloudy and it just smells different.

soap

The scent no longer lasts on my hands after I wash them.

Disappointing. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@geezerette, Fall and Winter are my favorites but I also love Spring, when we get a true Spring with sunny cool cool days not filled with humidity. I like Summer too if it wasnt for the humidity. I like the summer activities but I am always inside in the air conditioning. As much as I love my sweaters and boots, I love my lighter clothing and just being able to throw on my sandals. The funny part though these last few years, I just love the cold weather and right now would take that back in a heartbeat.  I use to love hot showers, the hotter, the steamier, the better, now some mornings, I cant even take them warm, they need to be lukewarm or cool. The body is a strange thing. 

But clothes are a hassle when you cant find what you need or want. I have gone shopping so many times and come home empty handed.  Part of it is my fault because I dont want to spend a lot until I lose about 30, the other part is, as we have said before, is this really the quality people are accepting these days? 

I am determined to fit back into my clothes this summer. I want to say it is going well but......it is a work in progress. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

It's so obvious that quality is slipping.  Failure is built into products so we have to replace them faster.  That soap I just mentioned?  How do you screw up soap?

The longsleeve tee shirts from the 80s that I've worn and washed a zillion times still look good, but one wash will kill a newer shirt.

Material feels cheap and scratchy but the prices are still high.  It's why I haven't bought clothes in years. 

pants

Do you remember this unfortunate trend?  I had pants like this in every imaginable pattern.  And I still have them!  I just pulled a few pairs out of a closet to wear around the house and sleep in.

Don't laugh.  They're really comfortable. Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Wanna hear something stupid?

Is there something out there that you keep thinking you want or need even though it makes no sense?

@just bee, I think sometimes we just need something new to play with for a little perk me up or just a little fun, sometimes I think we just need a distraction.......  

Yes, lately for me it has been bronzer.   I have been recently saved from a purchase of the bare minerals invisible bronzer. I have been curious about this one for awhile.  It was recently on sale at Macys but they didnt have my color. I dont need another bronzer, I have 3 and that is after tossing one due to texture change.  It is just my curiousity about products that gets me in trouble.  Well that and it is a little innocent fun. 

So, are you going for the MIlani’s?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Is there something out there that you keep thinking you want or need even though it makes no sense?

@just bee, I think sometimes we just need something new to play with for a little perk me up or just a little fun, sometimes I think we just need a distraction.......  

Yes, lately for me it has been bronzer.   I have been recently saved from a purchase of the bare minerals invisible bronzer. I have been curious about this one for awhile.  It was recently on sale at Macys but they didnt have my color. I dont need another bronzer, I have 3 and that is after tossing one due to texture change.  It is just my curiousity about products that gets me in trouble.  Well that and it is a little innocent fun. 

@aprilskies 

Distraction is the word of the day.  I get points for donating blood but I do a terrible job of using them.  If you don't use them, you lose them and I've lost thousands.

I just purchased, with 1800 points, a Target gift card thinking that I could pick up a couple blushes and not actually spend a dime.  Neat trick!  So I could have them but not have the guilt of paying for them.

The last thing I need right now is more blush so I'm trying to distract myself with something else.  Like pulling weeds.

I don't even understand the whole blush thing.  I've already decided to wear the LG at work and the wet n wild on my days off.  I had a plan!

Why am I tampering with my plan?

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies 

It's so obvious that quality is slipping.  Failure is built into products so we have to replace them faster.  That soap I just mentioned?  How do you screw up soap?

The longsleeve tee shirts from the 80s that I've worn and washed a zillion times still look good, but one wash will kill a newer shirt.

Material feels cheap and scratchy but the prices are still high.  It's why I haven't bought clothes in years. 

pants

Do you remember this unfortunate trend?  I had pants like this in every imaginable pattern.  And I still have them!  I just pulled a few pairs out of a closet to wear around the house and sleep in.

Don't laugh.  They're really comfortable. Woman Embarassed

@just bee,  lmbo. What a hoot.  They look comfy and why not get some wear out of them. The only thing I do around the house is “comfy.”  Who knew the quality would change so drastically. Who knew any of it.  I have bought some clothes in the last few years but it is disposable and I refuse to buy more for now unless I find something I really like.  Yes, most clothing is thin and scratchy. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

I can't give up the pants.  After all, they're 2 legit 2 quit.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies 

Distraction is the word of the day.  I get points for donating blood but I do a terrible job of using them.  If you don't use them, you lose them and I've lost thousands.

I just purchased, with 1800 points, a Target gift card thinking that I could pick up a couple blushes and not actually spend a dime.  Neat trick!  So I could have them but not have the guilt of paying for them.

The last thing I need right now is more blush so I'm trying to distract myself with something else.  Like pulling weeds.

I don't even understand the whole blush thing.  I've already decided to wear the LG at work and the wet n wild on my days off.  I had a plan!

Why am I tampering with my plan?

@just bee,. Why blush -because it is the latest distraction.  Mine has been kitchen gadgets.  I did need to replace a couple and wanted another, but I didnt need 6 more and I didnt need more containers. But I suppose it has been my latest distraction. BUT, I think I went a bit overboard because when did kitchen gadgets become so expensive.  I think that was fueling me so when I got a 40% from Kohl’s I went a bit overboard and just picked up some things. Overall I did well I think, but I am trying to get rid of clutter not add to it.  Some days you just have to step away from the computer and stay away from stores.  A sale sometimes doesnt save you anything and costs you more.  

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies 

I can't give up the pants.  After all, they're 2 legit 2 quit.

@just bee , 😂 😂 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee,. Why blush -because it is the latest distraction.  Mine has been kitchen gadgets.  I did need to replace a couple and wanted another, but I didnt need 6 more and I didnt need more containers. But I suppose it has been my latest distraction. BUT, I think I went a bit overboard because when did kitchen gadgets become so expensive.  I think that was fueling me so when I got a 40% from Kohl’s I went a bit overboard and just picked up some things. Overall I did well I think, but I am trying to get rid of clutter not add to it.  Some days you just have to step away from the computer and stay away from stores.  A sale sometimes doesnt save you anything and costs you more.  

@aprilskies 

Wise words.

Maybe I don't have the energy to multitask anymore.  Maybe I just need to concentrate on one collection, one crisis at a time.

I have had success with tea, surprisingly.  Haven't bought any and I'm making a dent in what I have.  The goal is to use up what's in the cupboards, then order a select few.  I'm even thinking about my favorite black teas on my work days and green and rooibos on my days off.

I'm seeing a real separation in my life between the days I'm working and the days I'm home.  It's weird.

I'm living two different lives and both of them are going by really fast.