Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Funtastic February!

Fact is! I can't handle to much "Stuff" makes me unbalanced. 

Honored Contributor

When I used to watch YT guru's makeup collection or skin care routines, Thought wow! When is there time for life? Realize for some of these ladies this is a business. Imo to much of a good thing! um no thank you. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Just dropping in to say hello. 

I love watching/reading decluttering stuff.  It helps me stay focused  Right now when I look around my place, I have clutter just about everywhere. I am not quite sure how that happens but I am tired of it. So, I am going to take a couple of hours this weekend and clean up some.

@aprilskies

Have you checked out the "purging" thread on the Home forum?  Those ladies are serious.  I wouldn't get between them and a Hefty bag.

@just bee  Lol 😂 

Honored Contributor

I got home this morning and the garage door was wide open.  I knew BH wasn't up and around and figured he'd left it open last night when he brought the garbage/recycling bins out.

He did.

So, the garage door was open all night and the door to the house was unlocked.  I greeted the dog and told him how nice it was that he and his dad had not been murdered and that everything seemed to be as it was when I'd left for work fourteen hours ago.

But part of me thinks he left it open on purpose, hoping someone would make off with everything...

I notice when he talks about our friend in Missouri whose house was blown away in a tornado, he looks almost... envious.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I also “try” to practice if I bring one item in, one item has to go!....especially w/ hair care products. I’m always looking for the next best styling mousse or gel.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

My pledge for keeping my mu drawers cleared out and organized after much work is no more kits. Inevitably there are at least 1 or 2 products or an additional brush I can do without.

I can always buy the the individual items even if the price is higher. Don’t fall for bargain price and fill up drawers again.

@Shanus

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking about for the last few months.  I had pretty much gotten out of the habit of buying kits, but I ended up getting a skin care TSV A-D a few months ago.  Three products for less than the price of one that I use every day.  Problem is, one of the other products is just okay (and it’s so big it will last me forever) and the third is something I absolutely hate and won’t use.

So I’m left thinking: would I be better off just spending twice as much for the one product, or putting up with the two I’m stuck with?  

I’m still working on that one...🤔

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

My pledge for keeping my mu drawers cleared out and organized after much work is no more kits. Inevitably there are at least 1 or 2 products or an additional brush I can do without.

I can always buy the the individual items even if the price is higher. Don’t fall for bargain price and fill up drawers again.

@Shanus

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking about for the last few months.  I had pretty much gotten out of the habit of buying kits, but I ended up getting a skin care TSV A-D a few months ago.  Three products for less than the price of one that I use every day.  Problem is, one of the other products is just okay (and it’s so big it will last me forever) and the third is something I absolutely hate and won’t use.

So I’m left thinking: would I be better off just spending twice as much for the one product, or putting up with the two I’m stuck with?  

I’m still working on that one...🤔

@geezerette  I think that depends on budget and how much you’re committed to not having extra stuff you don’t need. I’d rather have less stuff...also subtract shipping from your A-D, the one item may not cost that much.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I got home this morning and the garage door was wide open.  I knew BH wasn't up and around and figured he'd left it open last night when he brought the garbage/recycling bins out.

He did.

So, the garage door was open all night and the door to the house was unlocked.  I greeted the dog and told him how nice it was that he and his dad had not been murdered and that everything seemed to be as it was when I'd left for work fourteen hours ago.

But part of me thinks he left it open on purpose, hoping someone would make off with everything...

I notice when he talks about our friend in Missouri whose house was blown away in a tornado, he looks almost... envious.

@just bee

He should have blamed it on the dog.

Honored Contributor

Motto from here on out! No impulse buying. Yesterday! Cruising Amazon IT cosmetics. IT Girl "ULTA" no longer sells limited edition. Price marked down to 42.00 put in my cart went about my day. Low behold came back price 20.00 higher no longer in my cart. Bummer! Kidding! Kinda!   Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

He did.

@just bee

He should have blamed it on the dog.

@geezerette

The dog would never have left the garage door open.  He was probably sitting at the front window all night with his dad's cell phone, ready to dial 9-1-1 as soon as someone appeared in the driveway.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~