Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

Well, sometimes using things up is interesting. I never liked the Isomers sunscreen. I thought it was pastey and thick and didnt like the way it was on my skin so I used the first bottle up on my arms. I have been using the second bottle but this time, it dawned on me to use much less and sure enough, I like it fine for my face. I use a pea size now and it is not so pastey. Sometimes less is really more.  It is not a repurchase for me but at least I can use it for what it was intended.

Well, September is almost over and my product no-buy is a success.  None whatsoever. I didnt even allow myself to buy a mu brush since it's only use is for mu so I consider brushes part of the product category. That makes two months in a row.  yippeee. 

For October, I am going to see if I can extend the categories because while I havent been purchasing products, the buying just shifted to other things unfortunately. So, I am going to include household stuff and groceries.  I dont need anymore kitchen appliances and have a house full of food that I cant even get too (not complaining, blessed) but need to work through. I will buy just the needed things for the week.  So, Oct. will be an experiment.  I will allow clothes and shoes and I do need a computer. Dress shoes I desperately need. But, I will try hard not to shift the buying to these categories just for the sake of it.

Also, I am going to challenge myself to start using the appliances I already have.  Some havent even seen the light of day, while others made it out of their boxes only to sit around unused.  I need to learn how to really use these things but also want to work my way through them. If I dont like them or know I wont use them, then they need to go.

Just recently, I clicked on an email that was showing a new IT foundaiton. Intrigued I click on it, guess what, it was spam.  Now I am flooded with emails and I am thoroughly pissed at myself.  So, I need to clean out my email and set up a new one. What a hassle.  I was starting to unsubscribe again to stores but now I wont need to since I will be closing my main email down. Why is it hard to unsubscribe to some of them. I keep thinking, well what if they send a coupon. lol

I am hoping I can keep up my streak for October too.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

@just bee wrote:

I think I've found a way to get Better-half to watch tonight's debate.  I went online and found all the bingo card generating sites and I created bingo cards with roughly 100 words/phrases that will probably come up during the debate.

That was fun.

Very creative.  How did it go?