Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

BCBG

BCBG

Neither photo accurately shows this frame.  The shape is a very angular cat's eye.  Titanium and acetate, BCBGMAXAZRIA frame.  Chose the crimson, of course.  The temple is red, black and yellow (the photo looks like brown tortoise, but it's not).  The actual frame is extremely lightweight and the flare is much more dramatic -- almost like a butterfly's wing.  Just doesn't translate well at all here.

 

The dog isn't nervously licking his lips, so I guess he approves.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

[ Edited ]

The excitement is short-lived.  Better-half and I just took the dog out to enjoy the lovely fall weather and I asked him if my Transition lenses were grey.  My last pair turned brown.  Just wanted to be sure they were transitioning to the right color.

 

Nope.  In fact, they aren't transitioning at all.  The lenses are perfectly clear.

 

Now I have to wait until Monday to bring them back and wait another week or two until they're right.

 

Irritating.  Must sulk now.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 115
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!


@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

how do you know when it's time to give up your makeup auto deliverys you like???


Fabulous question!  I imagine the answer will be different for everyone, so I'll speak for myself here.

 

For me, my auto-deliveries were coming to the house and piling up.  I felt that I was spending far too much time and energy pushing back deliveries as far as I possibly could.  Which, of course, made me think.  Why am I buying all these products that I'm obviously not using in a timely manner?

 

Then September 11, 2001 happened.  I'd worked in high tech for 13 years and suddenly I wasn't.  Having no income often makes some decisions easier.  I canceled all my auto-deliveries.  Priorities, priorities.

 

Strangely, years after the items stopped shipping, I still had unused, expired items in my closets and drawers.  Which, of course, made me think.  Why did I feel I needed to have all these items sent to me in the first place?

 

Answer: They were such bargains!

 

Uh, not if they ended up in the garbage.  Which they did.


Thank you! Now I have to make an important decision and let go of these auto ships which causing money problems cause have convinced myself I needed😃


There's a balance.  There are things we need and there are things we want.  Most times we deal with items we think we need.

 

When I buy something, that item is auditioning.  If I like it, it gets a callback.  But a product has to earn a part in my life.  On another post, the OP asks about the five or ten items we keep purchasing.  Coming up with ten was a challenge.

 

  1. Maybelline's washable Full 'N Soft mascara
  2. Maybelline's Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils (the retro red duo)
  3. Paula's Choice facial cleanser
  4. Lumene's CC cream
  5. Huggies Natural Care Plus baby wipes
  6. EcoTools Konjac Pure Complexion Facial sponge
  7. philosophy's pure grace spritz
  8. lip balm
  9. Amstel light lager
  10. Skippy peanut butter

I keep asking myself why do you need that cleansing balm thats sold here on the Q,isnt there something just like it but not so expensive?  Haven't found the answer

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!


@MeadowLark wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

how do you know when it's time to give up your makeup auto deliverys you like???


Fabulous question!  I imagine the answer will be different for everyone, so I'll speak for myself here.

 

For me, my auto-deliveries were coming to the house and piling up.  I felt that I was spending far too much time and energy pushing back deliveries as far as I possibly could.  Which, of course, made me think.  Why am I buying all these products that I'm obviously not using in a timely manner?

 

Then September 11, 2001 happened.  I'd worked in high tech for 13 years and suddenly I wasn't.  Having no income often makes some decisions easier.  I canceled all my auto-deliveries.  Priorities, priorities.

 

Strangely, years after the items stopped shipping, I still had unused, expired items in my closets and drawers.  Which, of course, made me think.  Why did I feel I needed to have all these items sent to me in the first place?

 

Answer: They were such bargains!

 

Uh, not if they ended up in the garbage.  Which they did.


Thank you! Now I have to make an important decision and let go of these auto ships which causing money problems cause have convinced myself I needed😃


There's a balance.  There are things we need and there are things we want.  Most times we deal with items we think we need.

 

When I buy something, that item is auditioning.  If I like it, it gets a callback.  But a product has to earn a part in my life.  On another post, the OP asks about the five or ten items we keep purchasing.  Coming up with ten was a challenge.

 

  1. Maybelline's washable Full 'N Soft mascara
  2. Maybelline's Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils (the retro red duo)
  3. Paula's Choice facial cleanser
  4. Lumene's CC cream
  5. Huggies Natural Care Plus baby wipes
  6. EcoTools Konjac Pure Complexion Facial sponge
  7. philosophy's pure grace spritz
  8. lip balm
  9. Amstel light lager
  10. Skippy peanut butter

I keep asking myself why do you need that cleansing balm thats sold here on the Q,isnt there something just like it but not so expensive?  Haven't found the answer


There are some things to consider here.  I know there are less expensive facial cleansers out there.  I also know many of them are not as effective.  I buy Paula's Choice cleansers because I can stock two or three when they're on sale and the product is consistent.  One bottle lasts a long time.  My skin doesn't dry out so I can do without other facial products -- like moisturizer.  The cleanser doesn't make me break out so I don't have to have products to address the breakouts.  My theory is that you have to start with a quality cleanser -- that's the foundation.  It allows me to spend less on cosmetics.  I get by with a drugstore CC cream.

 

How do you feel about washing your face?  Is it drudgery or is it something you look forward to?  Sometimes it's worth it to make a routine task a little special.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 115
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!


@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@MeadowLark wrote:

how do you know when it's time to give up your makeup auto deliverys you like???


Fabulous question!  I imagine the answer will be different for everyone, so I'll speak for myself here.

 

For me, my auto-deliveries were coming to the house and piling up.  I felt that I was spending far too much time and energy pushing back deliveries as far as I possibly could.  Which, of course, made me think.  Why am I buying all these products that I'm obviously not using in a timely manner?

 

Then September 11, 2001 happened.  I'd worked in high tech for 13 years and suddenly I wasn't.  Having no income often makes some decisions easier.  I canceled all my auto-deliveries.  Priorities, priorities.

 

Strangely, years after the items stopped shipping, I still had unused, expired items in my closets and drawers.  Which, of course, made me think.  Why did I feel I needed to have all these items sent to me in the first place?

 

Answer: They were such bargains!

 

Uh, not if they ended up in the garbage.  Which they did.


Thank you! Now I have to make an important decision and let go of these auto ships which causing money problems cause have convinced myself I needed😃


There's a balance.  There are things we need and there are things we want.  Most times we deal with items we think we need.

 

When I buy something, that item is auditioning.  If I like it, it gets a callback.  But a product has to earn a part in my life.  On another post, the OP asks about the five or ten items we keep purchasing.  Coming up with ten was a challenge.

 

  1. Maybelline's washable Full 'N Soft mascara
  2. Maybelline's Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils (the retro red duo)
  3. Paula's Choice facial cleanser
  4. Lumene's CC cream
  5. Huggies Natural Care Plus baby wipes
  6. EcoTools Konjac Pure Complexion Facial sponge
  7. philosophy's pure grace spritz
  8. lip balm
  9. Amstel light lager
  10. Skippy peanut butter

I keep asking myself why do you need that cleansing balm thats sold here on the Q,isnt there something just like it but not so expensive?  Haven't found the answer


There are some things to consider here.  I know there are less expensive facial cleansers out there.  I also know many of them are not as effective.  I buy Paula's Choice cleansers because I can stock two or three when they're on sale and the product is consistent.  One bottle lasts a long time.  My skin doesn't dry out so I can do without other facial products -- like moisturizer.  The cleanser doesn't make me break out so I don't have to have products to address the breakouts.  My theory is that you have to start with a quality cleanser -- that's the foundation.  It allows me to spend less on cosmetics.  I get by with a drugstore CC cream.

 

How do you feel about washing your face?  Is it drudgery or is it something you look forward to?  Sometimes it's worth it to make a routine task a little special.


I was using that cleansing balm (it Cosmetics) as a makeup remover,tryng out drugstore cleanser to see which ones would not cause break outs ,was hoping there was something at the drugstore that would remove makeup just like that It Cosmetics cleansing balm

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!


@MeadowLark wrote:

I was using that cleansing balm (it Cosmetics) as a makeup remover,tryng out drugstore cleanser to see which ones would not cause break outs ,was hoping there was something at the drugstore that would remove makeup just like that It Cosmetics cleansing balm


Well, I bet the ladies here can give you some advice regarding makeup removal and facial cleansing.  I've been here a long time and have read endless threads about facial cleansing woes.

 

My theory?  Women want one product to do it all.  The problem with that?  We tend to use too much product and keep it on our faces too long while we scrub and tug, trying to get every last bit of liner and mascara off.  Then we complain that our skin is red, dry and flaky.

 

I've used separate makeup removal products in the past and I've even tried the oil cleansing method.  I can only tell you what works best for me.  I go to Costco and buy the case of Huggies Natural Care Plus baby wipes when it's on sale.  These things are thicker than the average wipe and they do a great job of removing most of my makeup.  Again, I say most because I don't use these to scrub my face raw before I wash it with cleanser.

 

I've tried several Paula's Choice cleansers and the one I've stuck with is Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser.  It's a thick creamy lotion that I can massage into my skin and my eye area to loosen mascara and liner.  I should note, however, that I use washable mascara -- no waterproof products for me.  I want to keep my lashes.

 

Then I use a Konjac sponge on my face and rinse.  That sponge has changed my life.  I stock them when they're on sale at drugstore.com.  (Now that drugstore.com is going away, I'll have to check the prices at Walgreens and Walmart).  Regular price is around six bucks and I use each sponge for three months.  Not a huge investment.  I love these things!

 

Konjac

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

[ Edited ]

Well, that was quick.  I guess I didn't even have to drive down there.  I told them that my Transition lenses weren't transitioning and that I was disappointed.  Then they told me I could keep wearing my new spectacles and they'd just order new lenses.

 

That feels like a consolation prize, so it kinda helps.

 

But it bothers me that perfectly good lenses will be wasted.  I guess I should ask them what will happen to them.  Will they be trashed?

 

Part of me wants to ask if I could just order another frame (same style in a different color) so I could use the lenses.  It would mean I'd be paying full price for the frame, but wouldn't that benefit them?

 

I was thinking I could wear the non-transitioning frames out at night or to work (night, again).

 

black

I don't care for black, really, but the temples have some pastels (looks like abalone) in there.  And I do wear black.

 

I wonder if they'd be up for that proposition...

 

ETA:

 

What would you do?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

I just got an email from World Market for Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) decor.  This is right up my alley!

 

Zombies!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,474
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

I think I've found a way to get Better-half to watch tonight's debate.  I went online and found all the bingo card generating sites and I created bingo cards with roughly 100 words/phrases that will probably come up during the debate.

 

That was fun.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,702
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ComPact 2016 -- SEPTEMBER!

Those are nice glasses, JB. I would definitely try and see if you can get a deal on the ones you need to take back. 

 

What changes have you seen with the ecotools konjac?  I am intrigued but I have so many microfiber cloths for the face that I cringe on adding anymore things. I even just recently bought the campanelli.  I tried them the other day and they are super soft.  The jury is still out on those since I only tried them a couple of times so far.  I think I like them tho, but time will tell.