Respected Contributor

You ladies are too funny.  You gotta luv those pups.  

April will be a good month.  Hopefully we will see tons of sunshine.

Trusted Contributor

@Beauty$Junkie wrote:

Thanks so much, JustBee, for starting our month out.  Trying so hard for a no-buy April.  I sure do not need anything, but tires for my car.  Tires seem to be the only thing I don't accumlate and hoard.  BTW, when the forums changed, I didn't realize there was a way to bypass the need to choose a new posting name; I am still Beauty$Junkie.  I so appreciate all of you.  Wishing you all a great April.

I know how you feel! I had to have some routine car work done on my car last month. It's a necessary evil since I need it to get to work daily. Knock on wood, I hope I'm good until the next check in 5,000 miles. I got off "cheaper" than I had feared since I thought I would need tires and brake pads but there check showed I have enough tread still to put off buying now.

Trusted Contributor

Happy April to everyone!

I hadn't checked on the Berry College eagle babies lately so I was shocked to see how big they are now! Their feathers are coming in now and don't look like scrawny weaklings trying to hold up their heads anymore LOL.

March was pretty good since I had the voice in my head saying "you have FL trip coming up in April, save the money for the trip". I did make some shoe purchases to replace items donated/thrown out last year. Also, received my IT TSV and really like it so not feeling guilt about it.

I tossed out my mascara and moved on to another Maybelline Full and Soft mascara. I thank you lovely ladies who talked about it on this monthly thread. It does work very well plus love how easy it comes off!

Tonight, I have to do 1 last hour of OT for the week then I'm dragging out my makeup bags. My goal is to go thru and do another purge. I know I have old lip products that I don't use or like that should get thrown out.

I've been doing my version of Pan the Palette on 2 eyeshadow palettes since January. I finally hit pan in 1 of the colors! It's a miracle!! The sad thing about it, I looked at my other palettes and I see the same similar color in at least 3 other palettes! It's a pretty goldish taupe that goes with everything. So I'm wondering, why am I using up this old one when I have newer kits that have the comparable colors? I think I need to cut the cord, and let at least 1 of the older ones go so I can use the newer ones.

Trusted Contributor

I've fallen out of habit of using body creams after my showers so my stash isn't going down....but I haven't bought any new body products lately so I guess I call it a win?

I saw that Perlier is going to have a TS mid-April. I definitely don't need anything so I hope I'm not tempted. May they have stinky scents I don't want!!

Trusted Contributor

One empty to report this week - a rich facial moisturizer.  I used it up just in time to switch to a less rich moisturizer for the warm months.

Also, I went through my closet and pulled out my spring/summer bags.  I am going to use them!!

The Barn Owls are expecting four!!  Can't wait!  Dash and Dottie are so close, except for that bill fencing incident.  I think Dottie just wanted some time to herself.  If you want to watch it, the video is on the home page.

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

I have used up some skincare as well and I am close on finishing a few others. It is a slow process but I am trying to stay consistent. I dont feel like I have gained any space but one by one.....  It will take time. I just have to remember to use certain things. At this point, I don't even know if they are still effective.  I have not purchased any skincare this year and will only buy if I don't have a substitute.  

Makeup, I had some weak moments. I needed some perk me ups honestly, but I am using my stuff now and I am having fun with it. As long as I use my things in this area I am satisfied. This is the only category I have a budget for and I am still within it.  Will be more mindful going forward though.  

Funny thing in not buying and using up skincare I have, you really see what you do and don't do.  If I have to remember to use things, then I don't really need them. It shouldn't be a struggle.  I am determined to simplify this area this year.  

Even with some buying, it has been a minimal year for me in these two categories compared to last year and I am thrilled. April will be a no buy for me. 

Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- April

[ Edited ]

FindingmyJoy, have you tried the cleanser from the IT tsv?  How is it? That brush looked awesome, I so wanted it but had to pass on this one. 

On pan that palette, that is one problem I have as well, I would like to use some older stuff but then my newer stuff is getting ignored and becoming old. Vicious cycle of playing catch up. For me, I don't foresee using up anything in mu, so I have gone back to just enjoying what I have a making sure just to use it.  As long as I use it, I am happy.  I am starting to rotate my mu now.  I am going to try weekly baskets. Good luck with you panning. 

Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- April

[ Edited ]

geezerette wrote:

Wow, just re-reading this I realize what a boring life I truly do lead.

just bee wrote:

Who's in who's head?  I liked the flip phone, hate the not-so-smart phone (if it was so darn smart it would be smaller and wouid fit in a pocket so I wouldn't have to start carrying a tote bag to tote it), and my dog is currently eating Fromm's Hasen Duckenpfeffer.  Your life isn't boring -- your life is my life.

Wait.  You're right.  Your life is boring! Woman Wink

geezerette wrote:

Boring is good, especially given the craziness that's going on out in the 'real' world.  I'll take boring any day.  And a dog.

just bee wrote:

Let's have a toast to boring, then.  I'm at the point where boring and routine are, in fact, structure and stability.  I work in a non-structured, unstable environment with unstructured, unstable psych patients and I have to say it's never boring.  A lot of other things, but not boring.  I worked overtime Friday night and a patient called me a name that I have not been called in all of my 56+ years and I have been grateful for that because that is one word I will not tolerate.  Didn't call me that word once; no, he was a multiple offender.  When I chart on my patients I prefer to use their words.  It's like reading a monologue.  Well, his "monologue" is now in his official electronic medical chart and that word is on his permanent record.  Chances are you know which word I'm referring to.  If you feel like you need to go take a shower, you've got it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I love my boring life. My only purchase last month was a pair of white lace covered Keds for $24.99 on sale. I am trying to use up lip balms, lotions, and soaps. I will not buy more until  they are gone.

I still have two old -- really old -- pairs of white leather sneakers (and I think they're Keds): One pair is covered with crystals and the other looks like baseballs with baseball stitching.  I should pull those out and wear them tomorrow -- I think it's opening day at Wrigley.

baseball

Nothing like a pair of new white sneakers!  Just don't let those flashbacks to gym class ruin the moment. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

You ladies are too funny.  You gotta luv those pups.  

April will be a good month.  Hopefully we will see tons of sunshine.

If you like sunshine, sell everything and move to New Mexico.  Spring is a weird throwback season so we've had snow during the night twice this week.  But days are warm and sunny. 

Downside: The notorious spring winds.  When I saw this video I immediately thought of you.  It should explain why I sometimes come across on the derogatory side when I discuss our fair city.  Two words: Tumbleweed Tornado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujhPRcjEkc

Northwest Albuquerque, not far from my neighborhood.