Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Happy April to everyone!

I hadn't checked on the Berry College eagle babies lately so I was shocked to see how big they are now! Their feathers are coming in now and don't look like scrawny weaklings trying to hold up their heads anymore LOL.

I tossed out my mascara and moved on to another Maybelline Full and Soft mascara. I thank you lovely ladies who talked about it on this monthly thread. It does work very well plus love how easy it comes off!

Uh-oh.  Sorry for contributing two more addictions: Bird cams and dependable mascara! Woman Wink
~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- April

[ Edited ]

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I've fallen out of habit of using body creams after my showers so my stash isn't going down....but I haven't bought any new body products lately so I guess I call it a win?

I saw that Perlier is going to have a TS mid-April. I definitely don't need anything so I hope I'm not tempted. May they have stinky scents I don't want!!

Oh, tell me about it!  My skin is the driest it's ever been and what do I do?  Avoid my lotions and creams like the plague.  I can't even begin to explain the stupidity.  I've gone two straight winters without touching the ridiculous collection of moisture products.  There's got to be a term for that in the APA's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

The Barn Owls are expecting four!!  Can't wait!  Dash and Dottie are so close, except for that bill fencing incident.  I think Dottie just wanted some time to herself.  If you want to watch it, the video is on the home page.

You missed one!  "Dottie" (I still think that's a different owl) has FIVE eggs now. 

Bill-fencing.  Makes you wish you had a beak...

Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2016 -- April

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

Funny thing in not buying and using up skincare I have, you really see what you do and don't do.  If I have to remember to use things, then I don't really need them. It shouldn't be a struggle.  I am determined to simplify this area this year.  

Even with some buying, it has been a minimal year for me in these two categories compared to last year and I am thrilled. April will be a no buy for me. 

@just bee wrote:

Isn't that crazy?  We really don't need many of the things we think we need.  I like that Lumene BB serum under my CC cream, but do I really need it?  Why don't I just use that giant jar of Pond's that I still haven't opened?

Honored Contributor

Time for weird realization of the day.

Ever think about the things you used to do that were just a part of your being? Your reason for being?

I woke up in the middle of the night and watched some old episodes of Later… with Jools Holland. Noticed Manic Street Preachers were on, so I tuned in. Have to say that most of the artists were complete strangers to me (who are these people?) but I did recognize a few familiar faces. Like John “Johnny Rotten” Lydon which means three things: John’s old, I’m old and…

When did I stop listening to music?

When I was younger I hibernated in my room and listened to the radio and my records and I looked forward to the King Biscuit Flower Hour on Sunday nights. I remember my parents’ eyes glazing over every time I started talking about The Who. Which was pretty much every moment I was awake.

Last weekend when I woke up in the middle of the night I discovered the series, Vinyl, on HBO. When Comcast realized they had been overcharging us they gave us HBO “free” for a trial period as some kind of consolation prize. I don’t watch HBO. But now I do because I have to see the rest of this series. They’re probably going to start billing me for HBO any day now so I have to get through the last few episodes before they do. All I know is that last weekend was a total loss because I was in an odd funk – and then I found this series. I binge-watched six or seven episodes. Set in 1973, produced by Marty Scorsese and Mick Jagger, this thing is right up my alley.

Makes me want to listen to Slade and Mott the Hoople again. I need to buy a new turntable.

So… my question is:

Is there something you have stopped doing that used to bring you joy? Listening to music, reading fat novels, baking, painting, yoga, watching foreign films…? If you have, what did you replace that with? Besides work, family and “real life?” I tend to spend way too much time paying attention to politics. I’m thinking I need to dial that back a bit (before I have a stroke) and start listening to more music.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of bird cams, I feel I must issue a warning.  The baby Great Horned Owls are delightful, but their parents are decimating the Savannah, Georgia egret population.

Just need to realize that the egrets are also eating somebody's family members out there...

Ah, nature!

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

FindingmyJoy, have you tried the cleanser from the IT tsv?  How is it? That brush looked awesome, I so wanted it but had to pass on this one. 

On pan that palette, that is one problem I have as well, I would like to use some older stuff but then my newer stuff is getting ignored and becoming old. Vicious cycle of playing catch up. For me, I don't foresee using up anything in mu, so I have gone back to just enjoying what I have a making sure just to use it.  As long as I use it, I am happy.  I am starting to rotate my mu now.  I am going to try weekly baskets. Good luck with you panning. 

I have tried the cleanser. It reminds me a lot of the cream cleansers like Signature Club A' melt downs or Pond cold cream? I'm glad I tried it in this kit since I know going forward they will talk about it a lot. I wear contacts and had wanted to try it thinking it would be gentle for removing eye makeup. It removes the makeup great but I get an odd film over my contacts? never had that ever happen with any other makeup. It's too bad that it's not working great around my eyes. I'll use it up primarily using it for other parts of my face but it won't be a repurchase for me.

The brush is awesome!!! I thought their other brushes were fabulous but this one is a step up! The brush plus the blush and powder make the kit a keeper for me.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

So… my question is:

Is there something you have stopped doing that used to bring you joy? Listening to music, reading fat novels, baking, painting, yoga, watching foreign films…? If you have, what did you replace that with? Besides work, family and “real life?” I tend to spend way too much time paying attention to politics. I’m thinking I need to dial that back a bit (before I have a stroke) and start listening to more music.

I used to enjoy politics and watching news, but lately, I'm so tired of it that I've avoided watching it. So instead of watching all of that drama? I've gotten hooked on watching HGTV! I love Fixer Upper - the couple who host it are sweeties plus the houses look amazing when they are done. I watch it and dream what I would want in my dream home if cost wasn't an issue.

I go in streaks reading. I get drawn into a series, read them all then need to take a break. I'm looking forward to my vacation - will dust off my e-reader and enjoy a good story.

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

@just bee wrote:

So… my question is:

I used to enjoy politics and watching news, but lately, I'm so tired of it that I've avoided watching it. So instead of watching all of that drama? I've gotten hooked on watching HGTV! I love Fixer Upper - the couple who host it are sweeties plus the houses look amazing when they are done. I watch it and dream what I would want in my dream home if cost wasn't an issue.

I go in streaks reading. I get drawn into a series, read them all then need to take a break. I'm looking forward to my vacation - will dust off my e-reader and enjoy a good story.

I'm looking forward to your vacation, too!  The best thing about going to a different place is being introduced to the new food, plants and animals.  I've never had any desire to go to "tropical" places, but then I think about the plants and animals.  Places where birds and fish aren't either brown or grey.  And I like to check out different architecture.

I hope you really enjoy it!

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

The Barn Owls are expecting four!!  Can't wait!  Dash and Dottie are so close, except for that bill fencing incident.  I think Dottie just wanted some time to herself.  If you want to watch it, the video is on the home page.

You missed one!  "Dottie" (I still think that's a different owl) has FIVE eggs now. 

Bill-fencing.  Makes you wish you had a beak...

I did miss one.  Can't wait for the owlets.

Paws and enjoy life.