Honored Contributor

Bee enigma bee venom face cream presentation

[ Edited ]

why are they flat out lying in this presentation? Yes, you CAN get manuka honey from the grocery store (even Trader joes carries it) and that jar is not "hundreds of dollars" worth of manuka honey. Manuka honey IS expensive compared to regular ol' honey but a jar that size of +20 UMF can be bought for $30-$50. This is the kind of thing that bothers me in presentations-flat out lies. 

By the way, EAT manuka honey-much better for the skin than topically applying it, plus all the other health benefits. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bee enigma bee venom face cream presentation

@HappyDaze, you are so correct ... it is/was a lie!  Perhaps, when this company purchases it in a large quantity, it will cost "hundreds of dollars".  However, I purchase my Manuka honey from Sprouts (So. Cal.) & yes, it does cost more than the 'other' types of honey sold, but I purchase only a small jar.  Also, I agree with you about the great benifits of consuming Manuka honey, rather than using it just topically.

Honored Contributor

Do you know of any cosmetic seller who does not exaggerate and flat-out lie?  They're all alike and gullible women just eat it up, even smart women.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do you know of any cosmetic seller who does not exaggerate and flat-out lie?  They're all alike and gullible women just eat it up, even smart women.

Paulas Choice really works for my skin but Paula says no topical will keep you from aging. Beleives SPF is more important than her products.  Swear by Paulas Choice but Paula doesn't promote miracles. 

Trusted Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@HappyDaze, you are so correct ... it is/was a lie!  Perhaps, when this company purchases it in a large quantity, it will cost "hundreds of dollars".  However, I purchase my Manuka honey from Sprouts (So. Cal.) & yes, it does cost more than the 'other' types of honey sold, but I purchase only a small jar.  Also, I agree with you about the great benifits of consuming Manuka honey, rather than using it just topically.

Mzig,  do you mind sharing what the benefits of consuming this honey are and what do you notice about doing so?  I've never heard of Manuka honey.

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

Yes, exactly @mzlg! I buy mine mostly online but sometimes from whole foods. Trader joes had an organic +20 but I havent seen it lately. Manuka is the only type of honey I buy now.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze@mzlg

As @isaboo mentioned and I would also be interested in knowing the benefits of Manuka. If you would be so kind to tell us about all the benefits. Please and thank you❤️

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 I do not know all of the benefits, but it is a powerful antibacterial "ointment" shown to cure MRSA (resistant staph infections). It can be dabbed on blemishes, put onto any cut or scrape as you would use any Neosporin or another ointment.  It can heal strep throat without taking antibiotics.  These aren't just claims, there are scientific studies with compelling.

I read on WebMd that the National Cancer Institute approved a proposal for the use of manuka honey for the reduction of inflammation of the esophagus associated with chemotherapy.  

I keep a jar in my bathroom cupboard next to the band aids.  I dab a little (using clean q-tip) anytime I need a bandaid or have a blemish.  I've even used as a face mask but it wasn't my favorite sensation so I don't do that regularly Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mzlg wrote:

Yes, exactly @mzlg! I buy mine mostly online but sometimes from whole foods. Trader joes had an organic +20 but I havent seen it lately. Manuka is the only type of honey I buy now.

I buy mine online and had no idea that TJs carries it.  Thank you for letting me know.  I've paid over $40 for the +20 online and I bet TJs has it for less than that. 

Regular Contributor

Our coop farm includes an apiary-according to our beekeeper, using a locally grown, unfiltered raw honey both topically and ingesting is actually better than all the hyped up "flavor of the day" honeys. Ive tried manuka, oregano, hawaiian, all sorts and weve been quite pleased with our local bees and flora and fauna. He (beekeeper) believes that the honey making process is the same it is the necters that differ. All honey is antimicrobial, antiviral, moisturizing etc. it comes down to how its processed. He believes that local honey may have the added benefit of helping with allergies. I have seen personal results in my family by eating a small portion of local honey everyday. We have much less spring hay fever and asthma incidents. Just my opinion, but checking out whats in your own backyard may be a good place to start-and its way cheaper than the other honeys ive tried. (but still more than the bear bottle!)