Trusted Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Dosey, love those dishes!  I have a thing for earthy neutrals.  But I do love all white dishes too, Bee.  I have a set of clear glass dishes, which we use daily and a set of white dishes which we use when we have people over.  We have a few handmade ceramic bowls similar to Dosey's set, but one by one they are breaking.  Makes me sad when they break.  They are the perfect sized bowls and they were my MIL's.  She had great taste.

Makes you want to tuck one away and save it, huh?  It's a tribute to her that you love them and use them.  But that temptation to keep one safe is still there.

I've used unusual bowls as planters.  But that combination of dirt and water doesn't protect them from wear.  I've put bowls I want to "save" up over my kitchen cupboards as decor.  I have a small, odd bowl in a glass case in the great room.

That urge to save and protect is strong.  What is that gene?  Good thing I didn't have kids.  I might not have let them out of the house!

It must be a female gene.  My DH doesn't seem to have it.  He loves his mom's bowls too but doesn't seem too disturbed when they break.  I was trying to come up with a use for the broken bowl, but he tossed it in the trash.  I guess he has been compacting much longer than I realized.  He doesn't get sentimental with "stuff".  As for the kids, I'm trying to train them to be able to save & protect us in our old age.  The best way to save & protect kids is to train them to be responsible citizens.  

I have the mixing bowl my mom used when I was a kid.  Here it is.

Years ago, my husband dropped it, and it broke in two.  He glued it back together, but of course, it is not usable.  I still have it.  Oh, the things we save!

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Just bee, I also donated all of my fragrances but two.  I have J'Adore, which I find too strong.  I loved the sample, it was light, but the full size is much stronger.  I have it now for years just sitting there.  I also have Bobbi Browns Beach.  Then just a few body sprays.  I need to get using them. 

Dosey, those plates are pretty. I like earth tones and they look to be a nice size. It is always nice to freshen things up.  

Oshare-girl, you and FindingmyJoy and Dosey, give me inspiration to hit pan and try and finish products. I think I might even be close on a white eyeshadow.  I use the same one everyday. ...and have a good dip on another.  I flip flop on the panning but my new strategy is just working on a few colors at a time and pulling in other palettes. 

I am almost done with a few products and am getting antsy.  You get down to the bottom and they don't want to end. I did regret throwing out an eyeliner.  It seemed dried up but I think I should of just cut the tip as I did on another.  Although, these eyeliners don't stay in place. None of mine seem too, does anyone have one they love that doesn't move? 

I only use Maybelline's ExpertWear eye and brow pencils as eyeliner.  The cheap red duo.  They do have some staying power, that's for sure, but they go on awful harsh.  Not creamy, not smooth.  Old school makeup.  Back when it had to hurt to be pretty. Woman Wink

OMGOSH!!!  I cannot use those red pencils!  Ouch!!

My best friend in junior high... I'd watch in horror as she did this...but I was riveted as well...

Here goes.  She would light a match to soften the Maybelline liner before she applied it.  I swear I couldn't even blink.  It was so dangerous and so bizarre.  I'd just stare at her and think: "I've done some stupid things in my life, but I draw the line at setting my eyeliner aflame."

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

What are you wearing these days?

My favorite is Philosophy Amazing Grace.  I was surprised to see that it's having its 20th anniversary.  I've been wearing it for 19 out of 20 of those years.  It's one that I can wear anywhere, even to church or crowded places without getting dirty looks.

I really wanted amazing grace to be my signature scent but it's just too floral for me.  I recently took a small shower gel out of the stash and am using it as hand soap just to finish it up.  Pure grace is a better choice, although when I wore amazing grace I received so many compliments.  Unfortunately, florals don't work on my skin.

The original three graces are nice fragrances.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Just bee, I also donated all of my fragrances but two.  I have J'Adore, which I find too strong.  I loved the sample, it was light, but the full size is much stronger.  I have it now for years just sitting there.  I also have Bobbi Browns Beach.  Then just a few body sprays.  I need to get using them. 

Dosey, those plates are pretty. I like earth tones and they look to be a nice size. It is always nice to freshen things up.  

Oshare-girl, you and FindingmyJoy and Dosey, give me inspiration to hit pan and try and finish products. I think I might even be close on a white eyeshadow.  I use the same one everyday. ...and have a good dip on another.  I flip flop on the panning but my new strategy is just working on a few colors at a time and pulling in other palettes. 

I am almost done with a few products and am getting antsy.  You get down to the bottom and they don't want to end. I did regret throwing out an eyeliner.  It seemed dried up but I think I should of just cut the tip as I did on another.  Although, these eyeliners don't stay in place. None of mine seem too, does anyone have one they love that doesn't move? 

I only use Maybelline's ExpertWear eye and brow pencils as eyeliner.  The cheap red duo.  They do have some staying power, that's for sure, but they go on awful harsh.  Not creamy, not smooth.  Old school makeup.  Back when it had to hurt to be pretty. Woman Wink

My best friend in junior high... I'd watch in horror as she did this...but I was riveted as well...

Here goes.  She would light a match to soften the Maybelline liner before she applied it.  I swear I couldn't even blink.  It was so dangerous and so bizarre.  I'd just stare at her and think: "I've done some stupid things in my life, but I draw the line at setting my eyeliner aflame."

A match?  Hmmm, good idea.  I used my curling iron.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

I have the mixing bowl my mom used when I was a kid.  Here it is.

Years ago, my husband dropped it, and it broke in two.  He glued it back together, but of course, it is not usable.  I still have it.  Oh, the things we save!

Oh, it's lovely.  I wouldn't have parted with it, either.  I have a broken mug on my desk holding my pens.  It's Edvard Munch's The Scream.  I just turn the broken part to the wall.

Munch

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

A match?  Hmmm, good idea.  I used my curling iron.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!