Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:

I saw the Beach Boys back in the early 80's.  It was the saddest concert I have ever been to.  They played in a football stadium that was so small it barely qualified as a stadium.  The band was on the field, and they performed facing one side of the bleachers that was not full.  They did not set up a lot of equipment, so the sound wasn't strong.  Fortunately, things have changed, and more older bands are now respected and can attract a crowd.  They are a great band with a ton of hits.  I would love to see them, again.

That's how Better-half remembers them.  Refers to the Beach Boys as a "Great America" band because so many of the "oldies" groups ended up playing at amusement parks.  He is right about one thing.  Great and America.  The Beach Boys contributed so much and changed the world.  Everyone wanted to live in California and learn to surf.  Great songs.

Better-half wanted to see Red Fang, Wild Throne and another band whose name I can't type here because it won't get past the censors.  I fell asleep early and we missed them.  I think he's still annoyed.

I know which band you are talking about.  Yeah, you can't type that name on this board.

I always suspected you were a headbanger!  These bands are really not my cup of tea, but I drag Better-half to the shows I want to see so I guess I should have made more of an effort.  I had thought about it, but between napping and watching the Cubs lose... well, I was busy.

I am not a big headbanger but can take it in small doses.  Many of the bands are too dark for me.  I would have to take earplugs to a Red Fang, et al concert.

I do like a variety of music.  We have a new radio station that plays 'lite' music.  It is my current favorite station.  In addition to artists like Anne Murray, John Denver, etc, they play music by Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, and Bobby Darin.  I bebop down the road and thumb drum my steering wheel like a pro.

Nothing wrong with napping.  With your schedule, you have to catch zzz's whenever you can.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@dosey wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I always suspected you were a headbanger!  These bands are really not my cup of tea, but I drag Better-half to the shows I want to see so I guess I should have made more of an effort.  I had thought about it, but between napping and watching the Cubs lose... well, I was busy.

I am not a big headbanger but can take it in small doses.  Many of the bands are too dark for me.  I would have to take earplugs to a Red Fang, et al concert.

I do like a variety of music.  We have a new radio station that plays 'lite' music.  It is my current favorite station.  In addition to artists like Anne Murray, John Denver, etc, they play music by Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, and Bobby Darin.  I bebop down the road and thumb drum my steering wheel like a pro.

Nothing wrong with napping.  With your schedule, you have to catch zzz's whenever you can.

I fell asleep early again and missed the ballgame.  Royals won.  And now I'm wide awake at three AM.  Ugh.  An 80s station debuted here, but radio stations come and go so quickly in this market that I try not to get too attached.  Sinatra and Darin?  Good stuff.  Well... now that I'm awake... what to do, what to do.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Hi Compactors,

JUSTBEE you talked about the Compact affecting other things in our lives, that is so true.  This month I bought 4 of Rhonda Shear leggings, these were needs.  I needed shaping ones to wear with a sweater dress that shows too much back rolls & tummy (ah middle age, don´t you just love it) & the other two are fleecy ones I need for the winter. But I ordered something else & i asked myself if I have something in my closet I could use, yes but in a different color, I was still tempted.  Then I asked myself how many hours do I have to work to buy that top, answer, 1-1/2 hrs, I cancelled the order.  It really works!

I can´t think of any clothes, shoes or skincare I will need for a while.  I stopped believing the nonsense about skincare so I am not tempted.  I am not going to fight aging.  I will welcome my lines & wrinkles.  Honestly I think fighting them gives me more wrinkles. 

Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

I can´t think of any clothes, shoes or skincare I will need for a while.  I stopped believing the nonsense about skincare so I am not tempted.  I am not going to fight aging.  I will welcome my lines & wrinkles.  Honestly I think fighting them gives me more wrinkles. 

You may be right!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Where did October go?  There's only one week left!  I bought my Halloween candy bars yesterday and have only a few days to fret and wonder if I have enough. 

This year has been a blur.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@kitty45 wrote:

You may be right!

I agree.  And I liked "life" a bit better when I wasn't analyzing my face.  I chalk up my insanity to my little mid-life crisis. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@kitty45 wrote:

You may be right!

I agree.  And I liked "life" a bit better when I wasn't analyzing my face.  I chalk up my insanity to my little mid-life crisis. 

Yeah... how did we allow ourselves to be convinced we needed this stuff?

Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- October

[ Edited ]

I organized my pantry once again. I allowed myself to toss what I know I will not use.  I.e. Some teas that I know were old.  I took out ingredients that are ready to expire so I can begin to use them. It really is amazing when you buy these things, it seems you have so long to use them and by the time you blink, the expiration dates are upon you.  I know things are good past expiration, but it's time to start using them.  I am attempting to waste as little as possible from here on out. 

I think my November challenge will be to use up all my ingredients and only buy what I absolutely need for the week and to make whatever meal.   It will be interesting to see how long it will take me to use things up.  I have been trying to do this but unsuccessful so it is time to challenge myself. 

Through compacting, I realized I really am a low maintenance person and I don't end up using half of what I buy in any category.  

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Through compacting, I realized I really am a low maintenance person and I don't end up using half of what I buy in any category.  

Ditto!

Honored Contributor

Maureen

Just heard the news.  Maureen O'Hara was a great beauty and a wonderful actress.