Respected Contributor

Just Bee - Happy Birthday to you too.  Sometimes sleep is a gift in itself.

So are you done with school now?  Are you a free woman? 

By the way, I would of loved to have seen Meatloaf.  One of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I think I will finish out Oct with no major beauty or mu purchases. Just some minor ones.  So Aug - Oct, my purchases are one major purchase, which was WEN and then just some minor ones.  After losing my footing for awhile, I am back on track.  Holidays will prove tough but I will keep the purchases to a minimum as best I can. I really dont need a thing regarding products. Last year around this time is when I lost my head so I have to be mindful.

I really am determined to try and use what I have first before buying more. So far so good.  I actually took out some moisturizers from my linen closet so I can see them and use them up along the rest. My problem is when they are hidden, I forget they are there. I am getting through some stuff and it feels good.  ...even some things I thought I would throw out.

I started using my perfumes also. Honestly, at one point I thought I was going to trash these.  But I decided to try and use what I can. So, I am currently using my amazing grace perfume first before moving to others. The scent really doesnt last so I think I spray more than normal so I enjoy it for as long as it does last.

I decluttered some more this weekend and it felt good. I actually tackled some paperwork too.  I only made a small dent but it is a start. 

Anyhoo, sorry for the long post. 

Not long at all.  The cooler weather might encourage us to stay home and do more of these home projects.  I'm thinking of parting with a beloved college tee shirt that has more holes in it than fishnet stockings.  It's not like I don't have plenty of replacements!  But I just can't bid it a fond adieu.  But I must.  The thing's a travesty.

I'm still kicking myself for buying those new scents from philosophy.  Fresh cream is a musky disappointment and I haven't used that other one since I sprayed it the day it arrived.  What was it?  Good morning sunshine or some such thing?  Ugh.  What was I thinking?

But the bottle of Casmir is quite nice.  I sprayed some on for my birthday after a midnight shower.  Can't wear scents to work (new rule) but I continue to wear pure grace because it's subtle and soapy.  Just smells like I bathed before showing up.  No one has complained yet.

Oooh.  I think it's raining!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Just Bee - Happy Birthday to you too.  Sometimes sleep is a gift in itself.

So are you done with school now?  Are you a free woman? 

By the way, I would of loved to have seen Meatloaf.  One of my favorites.

My sleep schedule's weird but I've decided not to fight it.  If I can nap, I'll do it.  I slept through the games last night, only waking briefly to see who scored when I heard the crowd roar.  And it wasn't the Cubs.  Looks like Royals v. Mets.  Go KC!

Nope -- I have four weeks to go and a monster research paper to produce.  But I hope to have another reason to be thankful on Thanksgiving.  And then I can focus on getting the house and yard in order.  My major decluttering has been on hold for too long.

Meat Loaf was just wonderful and his band rescued a puppy that some vile being abandoned behind a dumpster.  The band saw what happened and brought the pup to the vet, then found a home for it on a ranch.  He's my hero.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Meat Loaf was just wonderful and his band rescued a puppy that some vile being abandoned behind a dumpster.  The band saw what happened and brought the pup to the vet, then found a home for it on a ranch.  He's my hero.

------------------------------

Just warmed my heart.  I really dont understand people that abandon their pets. They can take them to no kill shelters or find a home or something.  For the band to take the time to that, well, I like them that much more. 

Trusted Contributor

Happy, happy birthday to the October babies!  Today is my DD's bday so I get extra emotional thinking about how she came into this world.  Did you know today is "Back to the Future day"?  It's the day Doc set his future clock to.  I didn't even know this until the kids asked to watch the Back to the Future movies and whaddayano, it's DD's birthday!

Shopping for her birthday gift made me realize how much more thought I put into purchases.  We got her some socks and a tshirt in her favorite characters and she was thrilled.  It wasn't the cell phone she really wants (middle school peer pressure) but she was thrilled none the less with what she got.  I'm so grateful that I started ComPacting while the kids are young.  They really appreciate the things they have.

I can't say I've been beauty-purchase-free, but I have sat out of some Friends & Family sales this year.  Before I wouldn't miss any!  And my purchases have been planned.  I stopped picking up a little something every time I'm at the drugstore.  I still wander through the beauty aisles but the thought of adding to the stash squashes any desire to buy.

Anyway, I'm still working on my UD Naked Basics palette for this year.  I hit pan on 3 shadows, woohoo!  That in combination with the buggy BM palette I was using earlier in the year is a total of 6 pans hit in one year.  Unheard of in my life.  I anticipate hitting pan on one more shadow before the end of the year.  I may actually be able to make a dent in my eyeshadow collection before the year 2020.  I also have ZERO lipgloss.  I know, mindblowing.Smiley Surprised

I have a notebook where I write down everything I use, start & end date.  It's mind-boggling how many products are on that list and I still haven't gotten my stash down to the capsule I'm aiming for.  DH keeps asking what I'm writing in that notebook.  Nothing that would interest him, it's just my life-changing habit.

Honored Contributor

Oshare-girl wrote: 

I may actually be able to make a dent in my eyeshadow collection before the year 2020.  I also have ZERO lipgloss.  I know, mindblowing.Smiley Surprised

I have a notebook where I write down everything I use, start & end date.  It's mind-boggling how many products are on that list and I still haven't gotten my stash down to the capsule I'm aiming for.  DH keeps asking what I'm writing in that notebook.  Nothing that would interest him, it's just my life-changing habit.

I like that!  It is a life-changing habit.  But it really does get easier.  Have you noticed, though, that by changing to a ComPacting habit, other habits have changed, too?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@BExplorer, I was just about to do the same for @MeadowLark!  I'm usually a lurker as well. Love all the advice. 

Great minds...😊

Yes!  Lots of those around here!

I tracked down MeadowLark's thread and posted an invitation.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  You ladies are the best!

Super Contributor

Re: ComPact 2015 -- October

[ Edited ]

I FOUND YOU!!!!  YAY!  hi bee!!  was in a hotel recently and saw the balloon races and thought of you! 

finally got my password thing fixed on my computer so i could get on the board.  its crazy town around here, everything looks soooooooo different. 

i think of you all the time. 

saw some of those algeria-alegra-algena (?? those cool shoes with all the neat prints and the great soles ) that you used to look at and thought of you.  how are you doing???

same same here. 

belle is taller than most of my friends and my mom.  hubby in the hosp for a MONTH with cellulits this summer which was madness.  i thought i was literally losing my mind trying to deal with his needs and those at home.  good grief. 

my grandma's house is sitting empty half way through an electrical rehab nightmare.  and i am down to the LAST THIRD OF MY SHOWER GEL STASH.. the only thing i bought since the last time we talked--ages--is the cardamom showergel trio which i have long since blasted through.  otherwise i have not bought a showergel in like 3-4 years.  or skincare, except replacement josie maran coconut milk.  cant wait to read your thread later and see what you all are up to.  

xoxoxoxoxox

belleandme. : )

Honored Contributor

@belleandme wrote:

I FOUND YOU!!!!  YAY!  hi bee!!  was in a hotel recently and saw the balloon races and thought of you! 

finally got my password thing fixed on my computer so i could get on the board.  its crazy town around here, everything looks soooooooo different. 

i think of you all the time. 

saw some of those algeria-alegra-algena (?? those cool shoes with all the neat prints and the great soles ) that you used to look at and thought of you.  how are you doing???

same same here. 

belle is taller than most of my friends and my mom.  hubby in the hosp for a MONTH with cellulits this summer which was madness.  i thought i was literally losing my mind trying to deal with his needs and those at home.  good grief. 

my grandma's house is sitting empty half way through an electrical rehab nightmare.  and i am down to the LAST THIRD OF MY SHOWER GEL STASH.. the only thing i bought since the last time we talked--ages--is the cardamom showergel trio which i have long since blasted through.  otherwise i have not bought a showergel in like 3-4 years.  or skincare, except replacement josie maran coconut milk.  cant wait to read your thread later and see what you all are up to.  

xoxoxoxoxox

belleandme. : )

I just saw your thread and posted there a couple minutes ago.  Your timing is excellent!  (How 'bout them Cubbies?)

We have a LOT of catching up to do.  You are NOT allowed to disappear again.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@dosey wrote:
I've exercised, DD cleaned the kitchen, school lunches are made, and I am waiting for the Democratic debate. Woo hoo! Maybe I'll make popcorn.

Haven't had a chance to watch it -- I've been working and trying to crank out my final class.  Hope I get some time tomorrow to do something else.  Although I did manage to do something Friday night: I saw Meat Loaf in concert.  But today will be a mad dash to get three assignments turned in on time.  Four weeks to go...

I would have rather seen Meat Loaf.  No comment on the debate.  Thank goodness there is a full year before I need to figure out who will get my vote.  At this point, I am considering voting for my cat as a write-in candidate.

Paws and enjoy life.