Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Colourpop Products Need Advice

Ladies who use Colourpops I need advice.  Their website doesn't give me info I need.. I would to love to try some of their lip products.  Anyone out there who can help?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: Colourpop Products Need Advice

What additional info do you need? I have a good collection of their lip products, but I'm not sure what info you are needing. 

Honored Contributor

I also have a good selection of their lip products, and a few eyeliners....I think their website is great, because you get to see the colors swatched on different skintones, as well as seeing what lip pencil they would pair the lip color up with.....It is very helpful for me..Although I ordered a coral lippie based on how it looked on and it is way too bright for me to wear, so good thing they are only 5.00!

Trusted Contributor

I've tried their Lippie Stix, Lippie Pencil, Ultra Matte Lip, and Ultra Metallic Lip.  I didn't really like the Ultra Matte Lip as it's too flat and feels a little dry.  The Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencils are fine, not expensive, but I probably won't repurchase.  What I do really like is the Ultra Metallic Lip as I like a highly frosted lip and these are beautiful.  I have 7 of them and will repurchase.  Hope this is of some help to you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all of you for responding.  I don't like a matte finish, prefer a satin or shiny look and no dark colors.  They seem to have a lot of peach and perhaps someone can recommend a starter.  They don't have a phone number but I do know exactly where they are located since I lived in CA for forty years so I have been to Oxnard numerous times.  Again thanks for your help.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Thanks to all of you for responding.  I don't like a matte finish, prefer a satin or shiny look and no dark colors.  They seem to have a lot of peach and perhaps someone can recommend a starter.  They don't have a phone number but I do know exactly where they are located since I lived in CA for forty years so I have been to Oxnard numerous times.  Again thanks for your help.

You want matte.. do you want a regular lipstick or long wearing? I have their Ultra Matte LL and the ultra satin formula and I like both. The dryness does not bother me. I have their lip liners and lippie stir too and love them. I line my lips and fill them in with the pencil and them apply my lipstick and this helps with the longevity of my lipstick. HTH. 

Trusted Contributor

If you like shiny or satin you might want to try the metallic.  What color are you interested in?

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

What additional info do you need? I have a good collection of their lip products, but I'm not sure what info you are needing. 

I'm looking at Ultra Satin Lip Frick N' Frack.  It is on sale for $4.80 so if I don't like it I won't have lost much.  My question is, does it have a shine to it because I do not like like  matte finish?

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I'm looking at Ultra Satin Lip Frick N' Frack.  It is on sale for $4.80 so if I don't like it I won't have lost much.  My question is, does it have a shine to it because I do not like like  matte finish?

The liquid lip sticks in the Ultra Matte are very drying. The Ultra satin will dry down but are more comfortable. They have lip glosses as well as stick lipsticks. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

The liquid lip sticks in the Ultra Matte are very drying. The Ultra satin will dry down but are more comfortable. They have lip glosses as well as stick lipsticks. 

Thank you so much for responding.  If it dries it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.  Have you used their glosses and stick lipsticks and find them to be better?