Respected Contributor

Do you think it's worth the extra money to use a face serum under your moisturizer instead of just moisturizers alone?  I'm thinking about trying one but wasn't sure if they really work.

Also, for those who do use them what brand works best for you?  

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk - I am a serum junkie!  They are more concentrated, penetrate the skin better, and treat the skin more than using a moisturizer alone.  The kind of serum you choose would depend on what you're trying to treat.  

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk  I have used serums with and without moisturizers, and vice versa.  I couldn't give you any special brand, sorry.  I really don't find all that much difference.

Esteemed Contributor
Yes. I use the Paulas choice super sntioxident. Sometimes though I don't need moisturizer.
Esteemed Contributor

I do think that serums make a world of difference, especially in winter, and I use quite a few--could not begin to recommend one.  Right now, I am using the Time in a Bottle sample (I like the sample because it is already mixed) with my Sirot.  I probably will also use JM serum when the sample is finished.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Winkk  I also am a serum junkie.... I have many and rotate them.  Do they work? I hope so! 

Trusted Contributor

I use Paula Choice's serums and a moisturizer.  Been using her products since 1995!!

Honored Contributor

The word "serum" refers to the texture and concentration of ingredients. "Face serum" is just as general.

I would advise thinking about what your skin seems to lack or what you would like to prevent. For example, if it's getting dull, you might look at a Vit C or other brightening serum. For anti-aging, there are all sorts. I use a Matrixyl serum; there are tons of serums based on a variety of peptides. And then there are good antioxidant serums as well. That's just barely touching the selection.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

OK, I'm convinced.  I think I'll go shopping tomorrow for one.

Thanks all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Face Serums

[ Edited ]

Check out Eb5 skin care on the internet.  Some Walgreen's, Target I WalMarts carry it.   I order mine.

I love the Vit C serum and moisturizer.

Last week my daughter commented on my skin and I am 21 years her senior!