Trusted Contributor

Does taking either of these help your skin?  Does anyone do this and have you noticed a difference?

Honored Contributor

Re: Cod-Liver Oil or Castor Oil

[ Edited ]

@isaboo

I have in hand cheap castor oil.

It heals my cystic acne.

I apply this directly on my face... going to try the lashes next!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I don't eat either, but I have been putting castor oil on my lashes and brows...they have never been this thick and long since I was a kid.

Honored Contributor

The key for oils is to put ON your body, not in.

If you want good skin, increase the amount of vegetables*,

especially leafy greens.   The darker the better.

*increased vegetables is one of many dietary different

ways to increase the luminosity, texture & tone of your skin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't eat either, but I have been putting castor oil on my lashes and brows...they have never been this thick and long since I was a kid.

@SilleeMee

What's your process?  

For example, leave on overnight...several times a week?

@SilleeMee

How quickly did you see results?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom,

Each night, right before bed. Can be blurry if you get it in your eyes, not harmful by no means, just annoying. Very light coating on hair and at the lashline. It's easy to put too much on so it takes a little practice to get it just right. When you wake up the next morning, your skin around your eye area is softened from the castor oil, too. Woman Happy

Many otc lash enhancing treatments contain castor oil. 

Honored Contributor

Taking either of these oils orally would be a fate worse than death.  Horrible tasting, both of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Taking either of these oils orally would be a fate worse than death.  Horrible tasting, both of them.

@Kachina624, You are so right, when I was a child , my Pediatrician recommended cod liver oil, to " build me up ". After all of this time I remember how foul it was.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I've used Castor Oil on my skin for many years. I have used it for oil cleansing and also use it as an overnight treatment. It heals acne and is also the best thing I have found for dry irritated skin. 

I have very nice lashes and am sometimes asked if they are real. They've always been good but I sometimes wonder if my regular use of Castor Oil might help keep my lashes looking good. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624, You are so right, when I was a child , my Pediatrician recommended cod liver oil, to " build me up ". After all of this time I remember how foul it was.

@QVCkitty1  Same Here!  I think there was a whole generation of us that were raised on that nasty stuff.  I wonder Why?  I can still taste it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment