Valued Contributor

Hi all.  I have thin brows from plucking too much. I've tried to grow the hair back, but it just doesn't grow in.  I have been using IT Universal Brow Pencil, but I can't seem to get it to look natural where I need to fill in the thinness.  To me, it just looks like I've colored in the area rather than looking like hair.  Any tips you can provide?  Or is there a better product out there that I can use that looks more natural?  Also, my hair is a light chocolate brown, but my brows are naturally dark brown, very close to black.  I find that if I use black pencils, they are too dark.  Any suggestions on the correct color to use?  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Honored Contributor

@Arianny

I have just started using Anastasia brow pomade. I find it easy to use. I have been using this with a #12 brush by the same company.

I'd order one shade lighter than black.

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

I also use Anastasia, but I use the brow powder duo.  I also recommend getting a lighter color than your brows (that is what was recommended to me) - I have dark brown hair, but use the medium brown.  I purchase it on sephora.com.  

Respected Contributor

I have thin, sparse brows with no tails.  I pencil them in with YBF's universal taupe pencil.  My brows are brown and they look ok if I use a light hand.  It looks unnatural if I apply it too heavily.  IMO nothing looks like hair if I am applying pencil on bare skin, but I accept that.  A nicely penciled in brow looks better than an almost-bare untouched brow.  I look much older if I don't do my brows.

With your coloring I'd use a medium to dark brown product.  Black sounds too harsh.  Maybe you aren't used to yourself in brow product.  It does take some getting used to.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Clinique powder and it together if you like.

The Clinique lasts and lasts. Try the charcoal, soft and flattering. If you want darker press harder.

Honored Contributor

I use the YBF pencil, too. My hair is super dark brown, almost black. My brows are full except for the tail-ends which I lightly fill in...not too dark because then they start looking fake. IMO it's better to go with a lighter-than-your-brow shade to keep it more natural-looking.

Honored Contributor

OP, I was using the IT Skinny Pencil in Universal for a while. It Cosmetics has discontiued it in favor of their Super Skinny pencil.

Knowing that I needed to look for something else, I bought Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Taupe. Wow, what a surprise. It looks far more natural than the It product I had been using. I recommend you give it a try.

Personally, I prefer pencils (automatic) to powders, gels, etc.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I will look into your suggestions.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Arianny, good luck with the product choice. Ns one good recommendations here.  I read somewhere that it is not a good thing to put moisturizer on your brows.  It supposedly inhibits hair growth.  My brows are sparse as well and I have stopped rubbing the moisturizer through my brows.  I see some improvement since.  HTH.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few products from Mally's dream brow to Laura Geller brow pencil. My favorite that I always go back to is YBF pencil. It's a universal shade and really works. You also receive a little booklet that shows you how to achieve the brow look that you want. The brush on the other end of the pencil and the short strokes are the key to this product. It also is priced reasonably. I'll use Bobbi Brown's clear eye brow gel to set it in place. That holds all day and night until you take it off.