Esteemed Contributor

I have tried so many and none seem to work for me.  I am probably going to go the less expensive route and try Maybelline's new eye brow product.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor
@Ariannywrote:

Hi all.  I have thin brows from plucking too much. I've tried to grow the hair back, but it just doesn't grow in.  I have been using IT Universal Brow Pencil, but I can't seem to get it to look natural where I need to fill in the thinness.  To me, it just looks like I've colored in the area rather than looking like hair.  Any tips you can provide?  Or is there a better product out there that I can use that looks more natural?  Also, my hair is a light chocolate brown, but my brows

are naturally dark brown, very close to black.  I find that if I use black pencils, they are too dark.  Any suggestions on the correct color to use?  Thanks for any help you can give me!

My brows are the same - very dark brown and ash/cool in tone.

I also over-plucked my tails and they've yet to grow back.

Thankful to have brows at all, though. Woman Wink

I use the following as they work well, they read as very dark brown (not black), there's no reddish tint, and they're affordable.

*Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 'Black Brown'

(available online & in-person)

*Femme Couture Perfect Arch Soft Powder Brow Pencil in 'Black'

(Amazon, Ebay, & Sally Beauty - including their website)

BTW, these help with growth, if you haven't yet tried them:

*a daily supplement of 5,000 mcg. of biotin

*massaging castor oil into your brows 1-2 x's daily

HTH!

Trusted Contributor

I like Hillary's brows in the debate, good color for her, not over staed, wonder what is used on her?

Super Contributor

Add a little bit of brown eye shadow or brow powder, I use Loreal light brown brow powder over a NYC Taupe eyebrow pencil, and the powder softens everything up.  I even use an eyeshadow brush to brush on quickly!  The powder makes all the difference in softening up the look.

Super Contributor

I have thin sparse brows also (really sparse) and the only one that I can use and works really well is the YBF.  If I apply and it's a little heavy handed I simply take regular pressed powder with a small brush and go over my brows with it and it does the trick!  Love YBF 

Spoiler

Contributor

does your local spa tint eybrows and/or false eyebrow hairs. ?

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried It, Clinique,, Doris Dalton and all the other gels. They dry out FAST and flake. Use a pencil like YBF or my favorite is Maybelline Define A Brow or Brow Precise. When done I run a brush over to soften and spray with a makeup setting spray.