Honored Contributor

Re: COVERAGE FOR FACIAL REDNESS

You can find several products that cancel out the redness. Look for creams that are green as green cancels out red. This won't be a fix but it should definitely help temporarily.

Honored Contributor

I have minimal redness with my rosacea but it's really reactive to just about everything.  I also get little red what look like pimples --- awful!  I thought --- am I getting acne at my age?  I never had acne as a teen or young person!  Doctors said --- no --- some people get these with rosacea --- lucky me!  I am on a regimen of Metrocream which helps with both - you have to get it through a derm.  If your skin is oilier, there is a gel version of this. I believe that mineral makeup products are good for this redness issue.  Using products with no fragrance should help also.  Everybody is different --- you will have to experiment unfortunately!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I have the redness on both sides of my lower cheeks so going w/o foundation is not my choice. 

I use a stick foundation and like it a lot. I use FIT by Maybelline. It's not oily non cakey and has terrific coverage. The price is 10.00. 

Honored Contributor

For tretinoin users, the skin forms new blood vessels as a result of using it. Not a side effect but a direct result from using tret. Improves blood flow to the skin so your skin will look more pink or red and it varies depending on other things.

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Doll 10 TCE foundation with accompanying brush. HSN sells it and also QVC when it stocks the shades. Also the TCE concealer with brush.

Whenever I have a redness flare, from meds or food, it works like magic. The rest of the time I use Estée Lauder Diamond cream which has turned out to have eliminated any redness I once had. I can actually use it alone now. No foundation needed most days.

If you have rosacea @12andcounting , Finacea, a prescription, works to relieve redness too.

Good luck! I had tried everything but found these products worked best for me. Both Clinique and IT never helped my redness. Too heavy and poor color match for my fair skin.

@Trinity11  Thank you so much.  I also have fair skin, so I appreciate your recommendations.

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Doll 10 TCE foundation with accompanying brush. HSN sells it and also QVC when it stocks the shades. Also the TCE concealer with brush.

Whenever I have a redness flare, from meds or food, it works like magic. The rest of the time I use Estée Lauder Diamond cream which has turned out to have eliminated any redness I once had. I can actually use it alone now. No foundation needed most days.

If you have rosacea @12andcounting , Finacea, a prescription, works to relieve redness too.

Good luck! I had tried everything but found these products worked best for me. Both Clinique and IT never helped my redness. Too heavy and poor color match for my fair skin.

@Trinity11  Thank you so much.  I also have fair skin, so I appreciate your recommendations.

You're welcome @12andcounting . The Fair is perfect for me, the lightest. It isn't too yellow toned like the lightest shade of IT. Just use the brush when applying it. It is probably the best brush I have ever used for application. It never mitigates to pores and even 12 hours later stays in place. Easy to remove, though. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a Rx topical gel called Mirvaso and it contains an active ingredient, brimonidine which reduces redness on the face.

An OTC product on the market called Lumify (redness-reducing eye drops) also contains the same ingredient brimonidine . I have used Lumify on my face to help with my redness and it works for most of the day. It won't take all the redness away but it will reduce it enough to where you will find it easier to cover with makeup. Visine will not work for this. It has to be the Lumify brand.

If you can put it in your eyes then you can put it on your face. No problem.

Valued Contributor

@12andcounting, I used to have lots of redness in my cheeks and I used Dr. Jart's Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment. It worked beautifully until I fixed my red cheeks problem using 20% azelaic acid cream and now no longer have redness to cover up. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thats interesting, thanks @SilleeMee  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, @SilleeMee  I told you I purchased the med spa own formula and it was .025 tret, etc.  Will I get red from that?  I still have not tried it. lol.