Trusted Contributor

I have facial redness on my cheeks.  Have any of you ladies found a good product that really does cover the redness without being cakey?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: COVERAGE FOR FACIAL REDNESS

@12andcounting   There use to be this beauty vendor who had the same issue as yourself.  It's actually a medical condition called rosacea.  All of her makeup hid the redness.  She sold her company for billions.  Haven't seen her since. 

Sorry, I do not remember her name.  Hopefully, someone else does.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clinique makes a wonderful product for facial redness. It's a serum and comes in a yellow tube. I use it daily as a base for my tinted moisturizer and it covers the redness nicely.

If it's dermatitis or an allergy to a fragranced product you're using on your face you could also consider an OTC product that is healing and addresses the redness. Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc all carry them and they work well to control the itchiness too.

Regular Contributor

It cosmetics Bye Bye Redness works well.  It can be used alone with other products.

Esteemed Contributor

@12andcounting  You have not said what is causing your redness, but I had rosacea about 40 years ago, and I used a green-tinted cover up under my makeup to eliminate the red on my cheeks. I think it was Estee Lauder, but I can't be sure. My dermatologist also prescribed a treatment for the rosacea. 

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

I have facial redness on my cheeks.  Have any of you ladies found a good product that really does cover the redness without being cakey?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

@12andcounting 

I don't know if you want to go to such great lengths but my dermatologist gave me a cream that as long as I use it, clears the redness from my cheeks.  Its name is Elidel.  I had very bad red areas, not just on my cheek but above my eye from two cases of shingles there and it has removed that redness plus the redness I already had in my cheeks since I was a teen.

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@12andcounting  You have not said what is causing your redness, but I had rosacea about 40 years ago, and I used a green-tinted cover up under my makeup to eliminate the red on my cheeks. I think it was Estee Lauder, but I can't be sure. My dermatologist also prescribed a treatment for the rosacea. 

@PA Mom-mom  To be honest, I'm not sure what the cause of my redness is.  It's not severe and my face doesn't itch.  It's just noticeable and I would like to cover it. Thanks for your response.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a facial at med spa 2 weeks ago due to clogged pores and she said  I had acne rosacea. (I knew this)

Rosacea is one who is fair and easy to "flush" on face".  I got rid of it with IPL lasers years ago but something made it return the past 5 months.  The creams derm's suggested never worked on me in 20 years ago.

Yes, you will want to itch a certain part of your face. I dot it with a tissue.

She thought there is a culprit along wit clogged pores and asked what I am using. ahah.....I switched to "Neutrogena sensitive gel cleanser with a heavy scent".  I purchased aveeno "radiant sensitive cleansing".  It had a strong odor as well - I got scared, but it is getting better each day and not a problem for me.

Am using it now one week and my pimples are dissapearing and rosacea spots. I think it was the Neutrogena.  I will IPL laser  them if necessary but hope not too. Redness is so much better too. Not one flush for 3 days..,

Fingers crossed, another pore cleansing facial in a week or so, and I'll be on the road for clearer skin.

Please do not use strong acid pads if you suffer from rosacea either.  And watch for food allergies.  I"m allergic to "nightshade" foods for instance.  That's tomato, eggplant, potato, etc.  Look it up.

Sometimes a gluten free diet will help as well.  It does me for sure.

I  also break up with egg yolk and nitrates. Amazing huh?  But over the years I tested.  I love science. Smiley Happy

PS. for noodles I use "no yolk eggos". and they are wonderful.

Honored Contributor

Doll 10 TCE foundation with accompanying brush. HSN sells it and also QVC when it stocks the shades. Also the TCE concealer with brush.

Whenever I have a redness flare, from meds or food, it works like magic. The rest of the time I use Estée Lauder Diamond cream which has turned out to have eliminated any redness I once had. I can actually use it alone now. No foundation needed most days.

If you have rosacea @12andcounting , Finacea, a prescription, works to relieve redness too.

Good luck! I had tried everything but found these products worked best for me. Both Clinique and IT never helped my redness. Too heavy and poor color match for my fair skin.

Valued Contributor

I like  Doll 10 TCE Concealer. It goes on smoothly and a little goes a long way. It does 

cover redness . It doesn't dry cakey. I use a primer first.