Honored Contributor

Ladies, just wanted to let you know that my brother is still here with us.  It was 3 weeks ago today (seems much longer) that his Dr told him his time on earth is numbered in days, not weeks.  I know he is worried about our parents and no one can take his place and do for them what he's been doing for years but they WILL be alright.  There have been a couple of times he's been found, in the middle of the night, in the workshop working on a tractor or a lawn mower, etc.  Don't know where he finds the strength to do that.  A  couple of times he's been found on the kitchen floor, asleep.   We can't understand what he's saying because his speech is so slurred and voice is so quiet, words jumbled.

Thank you for your continued prayers.  I wish he would let go.

Super Contributor

May God Bless him, you, and your family.

Respected Contributor

Your brother proves that the will to live is a very powerful one. He is finding strength even though it is surely dwindling. He is finding some sort of mental relief in the work he is struggling to do. 

I pray for all of you - especially that your brother finds peace. 

Honored Contributor

Continued prayers to you and your family @monicakm !!!

Trusted Contributor

Continued prayers for you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

He apparently isn't ready. If he is able to work on things he enjoys, it must be a pleasure for him. We don't know how we'll live our final days, do we? Hopefully, in peace and without judgement.

Imagine he finds it relaxing. There is enough frustration with ill heath. And if he becomes fatigued and sleeps wherever, as long as he's warm and safe he should be OK.  

Blessings to all of you as you travel this journey together. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry your family is going through this.

The older I get, the sadder life seems to be.  Blessings to you all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

My thoughts are with you and yours. Heart @monicakm 

Trusted Contributor

Even through the pain his devotion to his parents is truly inspirational. We can all learn from it, hard to comeby these days. God bless him & your family. tc @monicakm 

Respected Contributor

My SIL did this when he was terminal with pancreatic cancer. He was making repairs, and updates, around the home, plus he was constantly instructing his three boys about how to handle certain things, like changing a tire, jumping a battery, teaching the eldest how to drive, etc. He pushed himself like never before, as sick as he was. He reached hero status in my eyes. 

When people know they are terminal and they're still mobile, they often have a strong desire to complete tasks that may leave things better for those they're leaving behind. It's their parting gift to those they care about; an act of love. It's hard to watch, but it's best to let them do it their way. 

Here's hoping that your brother has time to do the things he feels a deep need to complete, before finding peace. Best to him and your family.