Respected Contributor

So sad, just sent up a prayer for all of you.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Love4cats 

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  There are 100s of millions of us who have been affected by something like this.  If not ourselves, our loved ones.  This is actually my first experience of a close relative dying from cancer.  My brother in law died from cancer but I wasn't there till the end to see him.  

I've been amazed and humbled by how strong he's been thru it all.  And his emotional and physical strength has kept us strong.  I guessing building his casket has been one of the hardest things my husband has done to date.  Watching him build it has certainly been one of the hardest things I've had to see.

Thank you for the kind word's. I am so sorry for what you, your brother and family are going through. My dad was able to die in his own home with the help of  myself and my sister's, and Hospice was amazing, they kept him as comfortable as possible. I think the most difficult thing for my dad was having to leave my mom alone. We all reassured him that we would take good care of her and that he could rest now. Just an hour later he passed. It was sad, but we knew he was no longer sick and in a better place. 

Please know that all of you are in my thought's.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I just found this thread. I would like to share with you something my mother said when I was older......"don't be sad for my death, know that I am going to a better place, I don't fear death".  Of course, you want your brother at peace and out of suffering.  You have such an open heart and a beautiful family supporting your brother through this devastating experience.  My prayers are with you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm My thoughts have been with you and your family since you first posted about your brother.  I think about you all often and hope you are all finding strength through each other and your faith.  I spent multiple days at both my parent's bedsides before they passed and I know exactly what you mean when you wish he would let go.  

I know you just want him to be free of pain and I know how hard it is to want him to let go.  I hope he realizes how much he is loved by you all.  The fact that your husband is making his casket shows what a loving man he is.  I'm sure it is very hard for him to do this.

I hope your brother find peace soon and that the love you all share helps you and your family with your grief.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

Thank you very much.  Thank ALL of you.  Your thoughts and prayers and messages mean so much.  And to those believers that understand our wishes of him passing on to the Kingdom of God, bless you.  His lingering is torture.  I don't understand it but there must be a reason.