Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Blue/White Frosted Eyeshadow

I thought that it went out with the 70's.  I remember wearing it highschool.  It does not enhance ones eyes ... it makes them appear non-existent.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue/White Frosted Eyeshadow

One of my favorite blue eyeshadows, from MAC.  It is gorgeous with my brown eyes!

E1A6D8A4-EB57-419F-9999-F51C803B9C62.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I recently bought a ColourPop blue palette ( Blue Moon).  I think it must have been a nostalgic purchase.  Haven't worn blue eye shadow since the 70s.  Haven't worn the new palette yet either.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been seeing blue used as liner. It seems many brighter shades have been appearing in print work. Otherwise,  I'm not sure I've seen anyone actually wearing it.

Apologies to those who love it, but any color that's very obvious, you see the shadow/liner instead of the eyes, would not be my choice. 

***Trish McEvoy, who is known for her more natural, understated makeup, came out with a bright raspberry shadow last year. It was not well received.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the hosts always wears some strange pale blue-ish lavenderish sparklyish eye shadow. Kind of takes away from her rather pretty face. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 Makeup can be for fun, too.

Sometimes I use makeup to enhance my look.

Sometimes my makeup is the look!

It washes off & I can do something different tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

Absolutely!  I just love makeup and always have ever since I put on that blue eye shadow in 1973.  My "natural" look is what I wear to bed Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Dusty1 

Absolutely!  I just love makeup and always have ever since I put on that blue eye shadow in 1973.  My "natural" look is what I wear to bed Smiley Wink

@monicakm  - Lol - like what you said about your natural look.  I like makeup and I'm not trying to do a no-makeup look.  I'll go makeup free for a no makeup look. 

I love trying different colors @SurferWife .   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It definitely didn't go out in the 70's because I wasn't wearing make-up in the 70's and I clearly remember putting frosted white shadow over my entire eyelid and then using a frosted blue in the crease.  ROFLOL

As much as I look at colorful eyeshadow palettes and love them and I've watched YT tutorials on how to use them, I am not comfortable in bold colors nor do I like them on others.  I don't mean a little pop of color, I'm talking full eye of bold colors.  It's just not my jam.   

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Dusty1 

@monicakm 

That definitely needs to be on a t-shirt!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.