Honored Contributor

Are You Ever Just Too Tired To Do Your Nighttime Beauty Routine?

I am sometimes but I somehow find the energy to muddle thru it 99 times out of 100.  It's a guarantee on that one night I don't remove my makeup, I'll wake up with a pimple Smiley Sad  I saw a tip from a skin care YTer (James Welsh).  His suggestion was to do your skincare routine earlier, like when you come home from work.  I don't work but I'm trying to train myself to do my skincare routine earlier in the evening when I'm not so tired.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Ever Just Too Tired To Do Your Nighttime Beauty Routine?

Very rarely ....but those times in my life that I've been so tired I kept falling asleep in the shower, were torture!🥱😴 

Contributor

Yes, so tired to even take a shower! However, I push myself for a full routine. I seem to have somewhat sensitive skin right now with the change of weather. Alot of lotion....required.

It sure seemed easier when I was years younger.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately the answer is yes, quite often 😢😪

Honored Contributor

It happens now and then. When it does, I make those a quick RetinA night.  I don’t bother waiting for the 20 minutes after cleansing to apply it, I never do.  Cleanse, RetinA, moisturize, go to bed.  There are days when I do the whole routine earlier too.  That’s one nice thing about being home and flexible.  Last night I was upstairs before 8:00 and putzed around doing a mask, getting my outfit set out for today, full pm routine.  

Honored Contributor

My routine is just cleansing, applying serum or retin and a moisturizer so it takes less than five minutes so it's not a lot of steps, but if I'm sick or just dead tired I just clean with micellar water and put on some moisturizer but I don't wear makeup but once a week or so, so that helps make things faster. 

My other beauty steps are using the nuface and a dermastamp but that is not done every day. 

Respected Contributor

Always but do it anyway.  Now that I don't wear makeup much, it is easier.  Getting the makeup off is the worst part. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't seem to have a problem with consistency -- the whole enchilada: wash face, retinol, dry brush, shower, moisturize. If I don't do it, nobody else will.

Honored Contributor

This is another reason why I don't have a routine that has many steps!  I know how I am.  I have very good intentions but then by the end of the day, I get so tired that I just can't make myself go through many, many steps. And in the past when I have done this, by the time I do it all, I am wide awake again!!!  So, no --- I just stick to a very basic routine which takes me a few minutes morning and night.  At least  that way I know I will do it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Don't fall over, but there are nights, very few, that cleansing is IT!! I try to do my skincare by 9PM...mainly so my skincare products can soak in and not end up on the pilllow instead of my skin. 

It's rare that in these days, I'm doing that much to make me so tired that I can't add my Retin A and/or moisturizer and eye cream. 

As long as makeup (especially mascara since sleeping in it may break off lashes) is removed, there's no harm in occasionally skipping the rest of the routine. Yes, you heard it here.