Respected Contributor

Re: Best thing I ever did for my skin...

[ Edited ]

@Tsukiko wrote:

It also has piper nigrum which is black pepper. What's black pepper supposed to do for your skin?

This is from Angela Langford Skincare website: black pepper piper nigrum fruit oil consider the king of spices. Black pepper is widely used in cooking throughout the world, but less known in natural skincare recipes. Black pepper essential oil is used in very diluted quantities that are totally safe for your skin. As well as adding a warming note to the smell of an essential oil blend, it is also very good for improving circulation. The essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which have antioxidant benefits, protecting your from the damage caused by free radicals, repairing this damage. Black pepper can be found in my natural body product range, spice of life. Good For... Improving circulation, diminishing the damage caused by free radicals. If you do a search on Facial cleansers that contain black pepper piper nigrum you will find that this is used in a lot of natural facial products. Not just in Purity Made Simple.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Does anyone find the bath gels drying as well? I used them years ago and think that formula changed. I discontinued it.

@Shanus ~ I just finished a 16oz bottle of Falling In Love 3 in 1 shower gel I purchased last December.  I did find it drying, and used it to shave my legs with to finish it up.  Cinnamon Buns is another favorite of mine, but I don't remember it drying out my skin. I read somewhere, probably on boards here, that the pearly/iridescent formulas tend to be drying.  Anyone find that to be true?

Respected Contributor

@felixmom wrote:

I'm obsessed with micellar water. I use the Garnier Micellar Water All in 1 (blue cap). Fragrance free, no oil, no scent, not greasy. My skin is sensitive and I haven't had any reaction to this product. Gets off all makeup and eye makeup without rubbing. I can't say enough about it.

@felixmom ~~ I use the (blue cap) Garnier MW too!  I actually switch off with Simple MW.  I like them both!  It does a wonderful job of cleansing skin, taking off all face/eye makeup and is gentle and non drying👍🏼

Esteemed Contributor

What @Naturesbeauty said!  Altho, my regular skin care routine is even simpler than hers.  My complexion is much happier and healthier and it costs practically nothing to maintain.  

(still chuckling over using Purity to clean the tub!) 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

There are many women who just rave about Purity but it is not for dry skin or those of us who are older. It is a harsh product with not the best ingredients. It does a nice job of cleaning my makeup brushes but won't use it on my face.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Does anyone find the bath gels drying as well? I used them years ago and think that formula changed. I discontinued it.

@Shanus ~ I just finished a 16oz bottle of Falling In Love 3 in 1 shower gel I purchased last December.  I did find it drying, and used it to shave my legs with to finish it up.  Cinnamon Buns is another favorite of mine, but I don't remember it drying out my skin. I read somewhere, probably on boards here, that the pearly/iridescent formulas tend to be drying.  Anyone find that to be true?

@AKgirl2 Hmmm. I’ve only used Amazing Grace and Pure Grace, so don’t know about the others. 

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Tsukiko wrote:

It also has piper nigrum which is black pepper. What's black pepper supposed to do for your skin?

This is from Angela Langford Skincare website: black pepper piper nigrum fruit oil consider the king of spices. Black pepper is widely used in cooking throughout the world, but less known in natural skincare recipes. Black pepper essential oil is used in very diluted quantities that are totally safe for your skin. As well as adding a warming note to the smell of an essential oil blend, it is also very good for improving circulation. The essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which have antioxidant benefits, protecting your from the damage caused by free radicals, repairing this damage. Black pepper can be found in my natural body product range, spice of life. Good For... Improving circulation, diminishing the damage caused by free radicals. If you do a search on Facial cleansers that contain black pepper piper nigrum you will find that this is used in a lot of natural facial products. Not just in Purity Made Simple.

I am very skeptical about her claims. The Cosmetic Dictionary, just as I thought, rates it "poor" because it can cause significant skin sensitivity.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I had the same experience.  I started using CeraVe and my rosacea cleared and the dry skin went away.

I use their  sunblock too ( another thing that has helped tremendously..no more sun goddess)

I loved purity when I used it because my face felt squeaky clean.  I guess squeaky isn't so good...

Honored Contributor

I cannot use any of the Philosophy skincare products; they are either too drying or too rich for my skin...I still like their shower gel but that's all I can use. I have never considered my skin to be sensitive, but I ordered some PTR last year and with only two applications my skin was wrecked. Red, broken out, and sore to the touch. It took almost another month before I could bear to use anything on it other than water and cetaphil soap. Whatever is in that product line does not like my skin at all.