Honored Contributor

Best self tanning for Fair complexions

If you are fair complexion and have used self tanning, please share the products used and the outcome.  Thank you.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Best self tanning for Fair complexions

I am very fair and the Josie Maran Tanning Oil works well for me. One application gives me barely any color, but the second gives me a lovely natural color without being orange. I haven't had any streaking from the oil.

I tried her body butter tanner and didn't like it as much. The oil dried quickly, but the body butter never felt like it dried and if I touched it, it woud smear, which caused streaking.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who is skin color can truly be described as white.  Back in the days of Prescriptives being sold in department stores, her custom blended color contained very little pigment.  With regard to tanning that was something the sun never accomplished for her.  When Tan Towels first started appearing on QVC (they are presently on HSN) we were on vacation and she was going to go to the hotel spa for an expensive spray tan.  I explained Tan Towels to her, so we went to a nearby Sephora and she bought a small package to try.  In a few hours she had not a brown tan, but an even golden glow  For my friend this was nothing short of miraculous.  She's been a Tan Towel devotee for several years now and always keeps a package in her cosmetic stash.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

If you are fair complexion and have used self tanning, please share the products used and the outcome.  Thank you.   Cat Very Happy

Hi @Katcat1. I have never found a true self tanner that looked natural on my fair skin. I use the gradual tanning Jergen’s lotion in fair to medium....twice a week is just enough for legs and arms to not look pastie white.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

Jergens Natural Glow in Fair to Medium gives me just a little color.  I am pleased with the results.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus @newjerseygirl    What shade do you use?   I have never tanned in the sun.  When I was young and there was no info. on the danger I did go in the sun with protection but I would burn.  thanks.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I have fair skin and just tried the Josie Maran tanning butter and it gives me such a fabulous natural glow, to my face and body.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus @newjerseygirl    What shade do you use?   I have never tanned in the sun.  When I was young and there was no info. on the danger I did go in the sun with protection but I would burn.  thanks.

@Katcat1  Fair to medium does the trick!!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I use Fair to Medium also.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I'm very fair and I use the medium/tan....gives me a nice glow...it was the ALLURE winner 2017..and was suggested by my favorite stylist...Dominique Sachse...check out her videos...she's a beauty!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West