Respected Contributor

Did anyone purchase the TSV on HSN (large size shampoo/conditioner)?  I just received it and I have tried for the past 20 minutes to get that darn pump to open.  I am turning and turning and turning and nothing happens?  How do I get these pumps open?  Never had a problem with Philosophy pumps, but this is a real challenge.  If I cannot open them, back they go (and I really waned to try this).

Super Contributor

Oh, no.....mine is arriving tomorrow.  Not looking forward to this happening.  Hope others on here know what to do.  

Respected Contributor

Is there a clip under the pump spout? If so that would need to be removed first.

Honored Contributor

I received mine today and both worked.  I just turned it once and it popped up.  

Super Contributor

I once had a similar problem with a Beekman product and called them, not the Q. They happily and promptly replaced the product and increased my Beekman fanhood. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is on the way, fingers crossed 

Respected Contributor

I've had that problem with the Bath & Body pumps.  I just press down hard on the pump and turn at the same time.  I always get it to work after that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals - I haven't received mine yet, but if they're like the soap and hand lotion dispenser pumps:  I've found they can be difficult.  I hold the bottom part (the cap essentially), then push down on the pump and twist it in the direction indicated.

I think of them as similar to childproof caps.  I don't know if that helps, but I'll be interested to see what mine are like, when they arrive.  I wouldn't give up just yet!

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I've had that problem with the Bath & Body pumps.  I just press down hard on the pump and turn at the same time.  I always get it to work after that.

luvmybeetle:  G-d Bless you!!! I just went into my bathroom and tried again, and voila!!   I pressed down hard like you said, turned two times and it popped open.  Thank you so much,I was so upset that I would have to return this set.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@lovesallanimals - I haven't received mine yet, but if they're like the soap and hand lotion dispenser pumps:  I've found they can be difficult.  I hold the bottom part (the cap essentially), then push down on the pump and twist it in the direction indicated.

I think of them as similar to childproof caps.  I don't know if that helps, but I'll be interested to see what mine are like, when they arrive.  I wouldn't give up just yet!

Venezia - you and luvmybeetle said the same thing.  I did what both of you suggested and it worked!  I am so happy.  Cannot wait to try this out tomorrow.  P.S.  I bought the honey and orange and it is very soft and nice, not heavy or sweet at all.