Respected Contributor

I'm looking for a good face moisturizer.  I've tried many and the next day after application, my face is still dry and peeling.  Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

@fortune I use Dr Hauschka Revitalizing Day cream and works well for me in our bone dry climate here in Colorado. It is made of natural ingredients and a little goes a long way so I order the small 1oz size. 

Trusted Contributor

I use Paula's Choice products and really like them.  They do what they say they will. 

Honored Contributor

@fortune   I have been using Mario Badescu skincare since April.  I no longer need to look for another brand.  You can go to his website and take the skin questionairre and you will receive a list of skincare just for you.  I use the Keratoplast cleanser and toner, the Aloe spf 15 moisturizer for day wear and the A.H.A. Ceramide moisturizer.  I also love his spray on hair conditioner and the Camomile shampoo.  HIs prices are very reasonable.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

as i have been getting older, my skin has become particular about what i use.  never had issues with anything before, but now i have to be careful.  i seem to do  best with a one and done skincare routine and i have been using cerave exclusively for a couple of years without any issues. i highly recommend this. i use their foaming facial cleanser morning and night, followed by the cream. good luck. 

Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD FACE MOISTURIZER?

[ Edited ]

@fortune wrote:

I'm looking for a good face moisturizer.  I've tried many and the next day after application, my face is still dry and peeling.  Any suggestions?

Have you tried using a good oil?  I used to hate the idea of oil on my face, but I love the Skinn Cosmetics Luminous Oil. 

If you like a cream, the Tweak’d All-Purpose Face and Body Cream is also really good.

Honored Contributor

I would start by changing to a more gentle cleanser first. Then try to exfoliate the peeling skin. You may not need a new moisturizer after all.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@fortune   So difficult to assess a skin issue without seeing you or knowing what other products you're using. My usual advice is to stop/back off ALL skincare and go to Cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizer lotion. Then see if skin goes back to normal. If yes, examine your other products. One or more may have active ingredients too strong for your skin used singularly or in combination. Also consider your serums/spfs. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Definitely agree with a gentle cleanser, not sure about the exfoliation. She may further irritate her skin. 

Respected Contributor