Occasional Contributor

Re: Beekman Incorrect Ingredients

Great thread @Nightowlz! Informative.

thanks! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Miss Shelly- I've heard a lot of great things about the Goat Milk Stuff brand.  I'm going to check their site out.

Every so often they offer specials and free shipping.  Should be some coming up for the holiday season.  Sign up for their emails.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Nightowlz - I'm always appreciative of posters like you that provide info/feedback about beauty ingredients.  It is concerning to read about the discrepancies that you have found. I see you as someone here that doesn't have a personal bias against Beekman, but that is certainly not true of others.

It's odd that once again the GMS fans appear to bash Beekman. Yet, I never see them starting a thread about a 'great' experience with GMS or recommendations.  Don't you find it strange??? It's so common for Beauty posters to start a thread raving about a specific product like mascara or foundation and a fav brand. But not the GMS fans, they only appear to bash Beekman Woman Tongue and then there are the other regular Beekman bashers that have stated bigotry and political biases. 

You should definitely look/shop other brands @Nightowlz if the Beekman ingredients are of concern.  Not worth any possible risks or grief.

They seem to be doing exceptionally well at HSN. Their 1st Beauty TS broke the H record for beauty TS (quantity/revenue). And today's TS is also selling well. I'm happy they are at H - it's a better value for customers especially with free shipping. I'm excited for the Holiday Bounty box and the other holiday kits. I also bought the TS laundry soap with free ship on AD. And I want to try some of their other cleaning products.

@Chi-town girl

I like some of their products. I just don't like that they keep talking about the honey in their products when it's not an ingredient in that product. I like honey to be in the products but don't appreciate it when I order something that I think has honey in it to not find it listed on the label.

I have to check all their products when they say it has honey in it since that's why I'm buying it.

I just used 20% off coupon on their Apricot Honey Tea soap because as far as I know it's the only soap that has honey in it.

I know there are a lot of GMS lovers & they probably do have great soap but it's not triple milled which means their bars of soap will not last as long.

I can buy a whole log of goats milk soap on Ebay & cut in to the size bars I want if that's what I want to do.

I do order goats milk soap on Ebay for my sister since she really likes it. She has super sensitive skin & has no problems using it.

I was making my own laundry detergent but tired of doing that. I started using Nellies.

I ordered Joy's new cleaning products but after reading about it on the boards here I don't know if I will be keeping it or not until I open it & try it myself.

Beekman needs to get all their ingredient labels on their products correct & have HSN list the correct ingredients. There should not be all these discrepancies.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Nightowlz - I'm always appreciative of posters like you that provide info/feedback about beauty ingredients.  It is concerning to read about the discrepancies that you have found. I see you as someone here that doesn't have a personal bias against Beekman, but that is certainly not true of others.

It's odd that once again the GMS fans appear to bash Beekman. Yet, I never see them starting a thread about a 'great' experience with GMS or recommendations.  Don't you find it strange??? It's so common for Beauty posters to start a thread raving about a specific product like mascara or foundation and a fav brand. But not the GMS fans, they only appear to bash Beekman Woman Tongue and then there are the other regular Beekman bashers that have stated bigotry and political biases. 

You should definitely look/shop other brands @Nightowlz if the Beekman ingredients are of concern.  Not worth any possible risks or grief.

They seem to be doing exceptionally well at HSN. Their 1st Beauty TS broke the H record for beauty TS (quantity/revenue). And today's TS is also selling well. I'm happy they are at H - it's a better value for customers especially with free shipping. I'm excited for the Holiday Bounty box and the other holiday kits. I also bought the TS laundry soap with free ship on AD. And I want to try some of their other cleaning products.

@Chi-town girl

I like some of their products. I just don't like that they keep talking about the honey in their products when it's not an ingredient in that product. I like honey to be in the products but don't appreciate it when I order something that I think has honey in it to not find it listed on the label.

I have to check all their products when they say it has honey in it since that's why I'm buying it.

I just used 20% off coupon on their Apricot Honey Tea soap because as far as I know it's the only soap that has honey in it.

I know there are a lot of GMS lovers & they probably do have great soap but it's not triple milled which means their bars of soap will not last as long.

I can buy a whole log of goats milk soap on Ebay & cut in to the size bars I want if that's what I want to do.

I do order goats milk soap on Ebay for my sister since she really likes it. She has super sensitive skin & has no problems using it.

I was making my own laundry detergent but tired of doing that. I started using Nellies.

I ordered Joy's new cleaning products but after reading about it on the boards here I don't know if I will be keeping it or not until I open it & try it myself.

Beekman needs to get all their ingredient labels on their products correct & have HSN list the correct ingredients. There should not be all these discrepancies.

Interesting, so GMS is lower quality and not a good as a value! 

We have been using the Beekman pure goat laundry soap for a couple of weeks (recent TS) and I think it's effective and good quality. Next time it's on special I will order the sweet grass since we love this scent. 

Excited for the Beekman Holiday Bounty Box and holiday kits Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I have purchased from Goat Milk Stuff but only the soap.  The lotion and lip balm have no goats milk in them because you cannot put RAW milk in them without putting a chemical preservative in also (per the company).

@barrel racer - so the GMS lotions and lip balms are misleading to consumers! 

The name/label on those products state "Goat Milk" but there is no goat milk in those products???? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

I have purchased from Goat Milk Stuff but only the soap.  The lotion and lip balm have no goats milk in them because you cannot put RAW milk in them without putting a chemical preservative in also (per the company).

The name/label on those products state "Goat Milk" but there is no goat milk in those products???? 

The same as Beekman using Honey in the name of the product and not having honey included as an ingredient!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

The same as Beekman using Honey in the name of the product and not having honey included as an ingredient!

It's amazing companies can get away with stuff like this!! 

Seems - as always-  customers need to do their homework first. That's why I didn't buy Beekman when they first came to hsn- and I never bought anything from evine either. I rarely buy tsv's -- I want to read reviews first. While they might not be the full picture at times - they're a good source for an overall 'thumbs up!' or 'thumbs down'. 

A good friend just bought Joy's cleaning product ts- I like several products of Joy's, but I'd never buy anything of hers without a complete picture first! The reviews speak for themselves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did find another Beekman soap with honey in it. I forgot that new Flower Market that came out has Honey in it. I liked it at first but the scent is nauseating for me.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz  I can tell you about a brand that uses goat's milk and essential oils for fragrance.  My skin can be sensitive and I have never had problems.  Zum and their website is indigowild.com

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

We love Beekman lip balms and Skinn 6X lip balms. 

@barrel racer 

We love Beekman lip balms and Skinn 6X lip balms. They are highly rated products and effective.

Beekman had some lip balm gift box trios that were very popular/sold out. I'm waiting to see the Holiday Bounty Box and other gift kits before I place my orders. Also HSN offers free shipping during their visits.

You have great taste! This item has sold out.
Beekman 1802 Goat Milk Lip Balm Trio