Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Incorrect Ingredients

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

You might want to contact HSN about that.

@Alison Wonderland

I don't know why it says bottle when I was talking about a bar of soap.

I did. Reply here:

I am sorry that the ingredients are different then what is listed on the bottle.

I understand the importance of your concerns and appreciate that you have shared them with us. Your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate department and will be reviewed thoroughly. Feedback such as yours contributes to the overall success of our company.

I hope you allow us another opportunity in the future to give you a better shopping experience. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Rachael

hsn.com Customer Service

Looks like their standard, scripted reply. Thanks for pointing this out @Nightowlz. I am very curious as to why the discrepencies. I also hope this isn't a case of HSN enticing the vendor to change the formula and make the product cheaper. I have found quality differences between HSN offered products and retail products with some of HSN's other vendors. 

I have as well which makes me very leery of buying certain products, particularly skincare, from HSN.  I remember a line of skincare products sold on HSN. Her story was that she started making the products in her home.  Her name I believe was Vinnie. 

Eventually it came out that the products being sold on HSN were not the same as what was being sold in retail.  The "famous" active ingredient she used that was supposed to be the game changer was in a far lesser percentage in HSN products.

Wasn't the name of the product Hope something? I remember her starting it in her kitchen. Very expensive as I recall.

Honored Contributor

They say they dont use mineral oil or petro in their products but their hand creams contain C13-14 Isoparaffin, which a fancy term for mineral oil. I dont trust these guys.

Trusted Contributor

I think they said that they use powdered goat's milk.  It's way down the list of ingredients.  I'd rather buy from a small goat farm that uses real goat's milk and made in small batches.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

They say they dont use mineral oil or petro in their products but their hand creams contain C13-14 Isoparaffin, which a fancy term for mineral oil. I dont trust these guys.

@Shelbelle

ITA. They think we cannot look up their ingredients to see what they are. I just don't like them saying something that's not true.

All I have bought since they left Evine is a set of 4 bars of soap.

Basically I like the soap & body butter.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz - I'm always appreciative of posters like you that provide info/feedback about beauty ingredients.  It is concerning to read about the discrepancies that you have found. I see you as someone here that doesn't have a personal bias against Beekman, but that is certainly not true of others.

It's odd that once again the GMS fans appear to bash Beekman. Yet, I never see them starting a thread about a 'great' experience with GMS or recommendations.  Don't you find it strange??? It's so common for Beauty posters to start a thread raving about a specific product like mascara or foundation and a fav brand. But not the GMS fans, they only appear to bash Beekman Woman Tongue and then there are the other regular Beekman bashers that have stated bigotry and political biases. 

You should definitely look/shop other brands @Nightowlz if the Beekman ingredients are of concern.  Not worth any possible risks or grief.

They seem to be doing exceptionally well at HSN. Their 1st Beauty TS broke the H record for beauty TS (quantity/revenue). And today's TS is also selling well. I'm happy they are at H - it's a better value for customers especially with free shipping. I'm excited for the Holiday Bounty box and the other holiday kits. I also bought the TS laundry soap with free ship on AD. And I want to try some of their other cleaning products.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased from Goat Milk Stuff but only the soap.  The lotion and lip balm have no goats milk in them because you cannot put RAW milk in them without putting a chemical preservative in also (per the company).

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yikes:

C13-14 Isoparaffin is a mixture of hydrocarbons (mineral oils) derived from petroleum, and is used in cosmetics and personal care products primarily as an emollient, and also considered a thickening agent or gelling ingredient (FaceProducts-Online).

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking over their items today- and several kits don't even list the ingredients!

And I also got the 'extended delivery' email, I ordered my items early in the day too. Woman Frustrated

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband has really sensitive skin.  I searched and tried all sorts of "gentle" soaps for him through the years.  Last year we tried the purity goat milk soap from Goat Milk Stuff and he loves it and doesn't itch.  

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shelly- I've heard a lot of great things about the Goat Milk Stuff brand.  I'm going to check their site out.